Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Horo : great experiment with the infinite planes, beautiful colours as well.

Hansmar : Excellent abstract.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

adbc - thank you.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Horo - both your abstracts are awesome, I see the bird but not the bear.wink

Hansmar - wow lovely abstract, love the depth and the glowing coils.

mermaid - thank you. Yeah the bear - or whatever you see in these shapes.

edited September 2019

Another abstract. Four infinite planes, one as a coloured mirror, opposite it one as mirror with bump that creates the pattern with transparency, in between one as lens, and one behind the lens. The important bit with this kind of abstracts is that Reflection Correction in the Render Options must be disabled.

Web Trap

WebTrap.jpg
    780 x 1200 - 297K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wow Horo another amazing abstract.

mermaid, thank you. Have you noticed that your Sunset render made it into the Top Recent Images? Just the last so hopefully you'll get more likes to move left.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@Horo, very nice render :)

edited September 2019
    Horo said:

mermaid, thank you. Have you noticed that your Sunset render made it into the Top Recent Images? Just the last so hopefully you'll get more likes to move left.

Horo- no I did not see it, thanks for informing me. It’s cool my very first gallery image makes it to the Top Recent Images. laugh

I tried displacement, using Horo’s Hdris GascloudA and Gascloud+Flame for lighting.The results are okay, but they look like any material on spheres.

displacement-ex.jpg
    500 x 500 - 232K
    displacement-ex2b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 200K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - no, there is displacement. Look at the perimeter of the spheres. If it were bump, they would be perfectly round but they are not. Increase Displacement a bit and check the wireframe. A good idea is also to use a spot light or the sun a bit from the side to show the geometry. Both examples look very nice, just a tad more displacement would yet improve the results.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited September 2019

I tried figure out how many lights are necessary to lit a person quite nicely. I think 2 are enough, but 3 if you want to brighten up the dark areas, which is the case in my scene. My character is MingYiu. The hair is Sorrow Hair. Some Daz3D hairs are very suitable for Bryce some of them rather less. Sorrow Hair gives very good result in my opinion. Background is a volumetric cloud.

@mermaid010: Both are looking very good, but I love the second one.

g8mingyiu.jpg
    1064 x 800 - 326K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited September 2019

Horo: Wow that last abstract is just amazing! Only four infinite planes? Looks like a lot more elements.

Mermaid: congrats with being at the top images! And very nice experiments with displacement. I think it is really well visible already.

I followed a tutorial by David Brinnen on light in the renders. The result is this island. I used an HDRI as only light and also as background. It also provides the mountains in the distance.

islandcolours.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited September 2019

Horo – thanks

Electro-Elvis – thanks, not only the hair, the overall render is so cool especially like the model’s expression.

Hansmar – thanks.  Lovely render, The lighting, sky color and use of an Hdri blend together perfectly.

Not convinced about the displacement this morning, I re-rendered this one increasing the displacement by 5 till the sphere rendered triple the size of the original (wireframe view).Maybe I over did the displacement, but I like the effect.

displacement-ex3.jpg
    500 x 500 - 289K

Electro-Elvis - MingYiu looks fantastic. You really got the hang of rendering Daz persons.

Hansmar - thank you. Very nice island render and fitting HDRI sky.

mermaid - yes, it's probably overdone a bit but the main thing is you see how displacement works. I find it a bit difficult to get a good texture to drive displacement, not too busy and not too boring. You did a good job.

Horo : Impressive abstract.

Electro-Elvis : cool render, very well done.

Hansmar : Great landscape.

mermaid : Excellent images.

adbc - thank you.

Horo - thanks, and it's your remarks to Akmerlow and StuartB in an earlier thread that got me to experiment with displacement again, low priority and you used 0.005 for the Micropolygon size in the attributes. Till now all my efforts with Displacement resulted in crashes. Thanks.

Adbc - thanks

edited October 2019

mermaid - you're welcome. I got what I know about displacement initially by Rashad.

Ok, back to a landscape, nothing special, one terrain only and HDRI lighting. The tower is by Alan Armstrong. Below the anaglyph.

Tower by the Lake

Tower by the Lake Anaglyph

TowerByLake.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 221K
    TowerByLakeAna.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 333K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited October 2019

Horo – awesome landscape and the anaglyph is truly magnificent.

I played more with displacement, trying to make something like a curtain with folds, the 1st uses the basic gradient bar texture, increasing the frequency and for the 2nd one I used a Photoshop height map for the displacement.

displace-ex1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 187K
    displace-ex2-2dface.jpg
    500 x 500 - 197K

mermaid - thank you. Now that's a cool idea to make a curtain with displacement. The few times I made a curtain was with a terrain.

Horo : as always oustanding terrain and anaglyph.

mermaid : nice experiment on the curttains.

Thanks Horo and Adbc

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited October 2019

Electro-Elvis: Very good portrait render.

Horo, adbc, Mermaid: thanks.

Mermaid: I love your displacement experiments. Specifically the second curtain is very good.

The abstract by Horo made me experiment with endless planes too. But I added one sphere in the middle. There are many ways you can turn the planes and each time get a totally different result. All three are from the same elements, but different locations, angles and textures.

mirrors.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    mirrors1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 1M
    cracks.jpg
    850 x 850 - 602K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited October 2019

Hansmar : Excellent work on the abstracts.

This abstract contains one sphere, 2 infinite planes and 72 tori and some lights

Abstract_.jpg
    950 x 475 - 150K
    Post edited by adbc on

Wow beautiful abstracts from Hansmar and Adbc

Thanks Hansmar

edited October 2019

Hansmar - all three abstract look great. Yes, Bryce is so good to create abstract and very often, they also render very fast.

adbc - outstanding abstract, looks like the head of a bull to me. The colours are awesome.

Same terrain as above but inverted with a material assembled from three sets, fog cubes from yet another set and an HDRI for the sky and ambient light.

Veined Rocks

VeinedRocks.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 275K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

I played with Hubert’s free files which he shared with us a while ago. An abstract lover myself, these files are awesome. I re-rendered two of this files, moving the camera, changing the sky and materials. Thanks Hubert yessmiley

Nice, i especially like 2nd.

Navim said:

My latest image and first on a laptop

Mysterious and dangerous, good!

Horo said:

Three infinite planes, one as a coloured mirror, opposite it one as mirror with bump that creates the pattern, and between one as lens. I see a small bear at left looks at the big bird at right.

Beautiful!

Hansmar said:

I also made an abstract. A few green coils in a partly reflective partly transparent cube in a partly reflective, partly transparent sphere. Some lights and that's it. Oh, one of the lights is a sunset-IBL.

Nice, and very tasty material.

Horo said:

Another abstract. Four infinite planes, one as a coloured mirror, opposite it one as mirror with bump that creates the pattern with transparency, in between one as lens, and one behind the lens. The important bit with this kind of abstracts is that Reflection Correction in the Render Options must be disabled.

Very good abstract composition! Work of art.

I tried figure out how many lights are necessary to lit a person quite nicely. I think 2 are enough, but 3 if you want to brighten up the dark areas, which is the case in my scene. My character is MingYiu. The hair is Sorrow Hair. Some Daz3D hairs are very suitable for Bryce some of them rather less. Sorrow Hair gives very good result in my opinion. Background is a volumetric cloud.

Looks nice! Keep it up.

I played more with displacement, trying to make something like a curtain with folds, the 1st uses the basic gradient bar texture, increasing the frequency and for the 2nd one I used a Photoshop height map for the displacement.

Love this curtain experiments.

Horo said:

Same terrain as above but inverted with a material assembled from three sets, fog cubes from yet another set and an HDRI for the sky and ambient light.

I already like landscape with small tower before lake (very calming), but this igneous fantasy world is just stunning! And it's like there are trees, but trees are invisible, yet you can see their roots spread all over terrain.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Horo said:

Hansmar - all three abstract look great. Yes, Bryce is so good to create abstract and very often, they also render very fast.

adbc - outstanding abstract, looks like the head of a bull to me. The colours are awesome.

Veined Rocks

Obviously, the curvature effect is present in the terrain material ...

mermaid, Horo : thank you.

Horo : amazing terrain and material. Excellent render.

akmerlow - thank you.

Slepalex - yes, to enhance the geometry.

adbc - thank you.

This discussion has been closed.