Adventures of Lorenzo & LoRez Figures in Carrara

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

LoRez has a lot of adventures.  My favorite is Ronald keeping the axe handy on the construction vehicle.  Hope he washes his hands before making the Big Macs.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

Headwax said:

Stezza said:

thanks @Headwax smiley

LoRenzo the volunteer fireman cool

ah just been up the north coast - plenty of burning off but the place looks like a tinderbox - we'll be lucky if this side of oz doesnt go up[ in a whoosh this summer 

Good use of Lorenzo, beyond the uses I've made of that great character.  As an aside, I was talking to a volunteer fireman from my suburb who had recently fought a large grassfire in an open area nearby.  The volunteer firemen from the neighboring suburb were also involved, and they lost two "Grass Trucks" (pickups adapted for fighting grass fires) to the fire.  Got stuck and had to abandon ship in the face of the oncoming fire.  Pretty bad when the fire trucks catch fire.  surprise

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227

WendyLuvsCatz said:

love the paper bag on Lorenzo's head

Me too! I remember The Unknown Comic from the Gong Show when I was a tike. 

More, I love all of it. What a great render! Love those overalls too!!! Bravo!

Diomede said:

LoRez has a lot of adventures.  My favorite is Ronald keeping the axe handy on the construction vehicle.  Hope he washes his hands before making the Big Macs.

Mmmm... did you have to mention Big Macs? The closest McDonalds is an hour round trip for me - but now I Have To Go!!! LOL

Steve K said:

Headwax said:

Stezza said:

thanks @Headwax smiley

ah just been up the north coast - plenty of burning off but the place looks like a tinderbox - we'll be lucky if this side of oz doesnt go up[ in a whoosh this summer 

Good use of Lorenzo, beyond the uses I've made of that great character.  As an aside, I was talking to a volunteer fireman from my suburb who had recently fought a large grassfire in an open area nearby.  The volunteer firemen from the neighboring suburb were also involved, and they lost two "Grass Trucks" (pickups adapted for fighting grass fires) to the fire.  Got stuck and had to abandon ship in the face of the oncoming fire.  Pretty bad when the fire trucks catch fire.  surprise

Yes! Very Bad!!!

Losing all of my data reminds me. I have to get my but over to ShareCG and download all of Varsel's awesome costumes again!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

Dartanbeck said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

love the paper bag on Lorenzo's head

More, I love all of it. What a great render! Love those overalls too!!! Bravo!

thanks, I can't remember the process of transfering rigging for LoRenzo to clothing and darned if I can find the tutorial on here that  SCIFi Funk once posted.. lucky I have a set of bones spare that I used to get the overalls going of sorts..

Steve K said:

Headwax said:

Stezza said:

thanks @Headwax smiley

lucky it was only the trucks... dangerous stuff that.. I did emergency comms back in 1994 during the Sydney bushfires and that was bad enough.. surprise

• I would just attach skeleton only selected

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I would just attach skeleton only selected

Handy feature, that!

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Yeah, tried detaching rigging from LoRenzo and attaching but didn't work. I know @SciFiFunk had a method and posted it but I can't find it... where's our topic hunter @Bunyip02 he can find anything wink

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,859
    edited November 2023

Stezza said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Yeah, tried detaching rigging from LoRenzo and attaching but didn't work. I know @SciFiFunk had a method and posted it but I can't find it... where's our topic hunter @Bunyip02 he can find anything wink

you don't detach the rigging, you just select the (hip or equivelant root bone) of the figure (works with DAZ/Poser people too) and the garment and go to animation, attach skeleton, only selected

it has to be already modeled to fit the figure and current pose (I use t pose arms legs out myself)

is only bone weights not skinweights like DAZ studio so may need to hide parts underneath

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

She's a genius, that girl of ours! :)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,740

Stezza said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but you better change that to "almost anything" !!!

3DAGE - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3191371/#Comment_3191371

I'll do another search after I do the washing up ....

Currently on my laptop as my graphics computer does not like the hot days, laptop is as fast as frozen molasses !

Scififunk videos - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/457771/scififunk-3d-animation-tutorials-are-back-online

link takes you to Odysee, having trouble to get the volume to work.....

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but you better change that to "almost anything" !!!

3DAGE - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3191371/#Comment_3191371

I'll do another search after I do the washing up ....

Currently on my laptop as my graphics computer does not like the hot days, laptop is as fast as frozen molasses !

I feel your pain, my friend! I call mine my craptop! :)

• 3Dage was last active Dec22, I hope he is OK broken heart

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Stezza said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

you don't detach the rigging, you just select the (hip or equivelant root bone) of the figure (works with DAZ/Poser people too) and the garment and go to animation, attach skeleton, only selected

it has to be already modeled to fit the figure and current pose (I use t pose arms legs out myself)

is only bone weights not skinweights like DAZ studio so may need to hide parts underneath

thanks Wendy, also tried that and works till I have to pose then weight painting gets thrown out with the bath water! lol smiley 

If the garmet is just a mesh, there are a few suggestions from this post.  Ten years ago!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29483/five-ways-to-fix-poke-through-without-using-conforming-figures/p1

• you might need to resort to DAZ studio

if you convert to weightpainting you can use the transfer utility and save a support asset

the general weights best, just convert to blended weights afterwards

it should fit the legacy figure

works for V4 etc so should for Lorenzo

WendyLuvsCatz said:

you might need to resort to DAZ studio

if you convert to weightpainting you can use the transfer utility and save a support asset

the general weights best, just convert to blended weights afterwards

it should fit the legacy figure

works for V4 etc so should for Lorenzo

I discovered that sort of workflow early on after the release of Daz Studio Pro 4.0 when they made it with all of those wonderful tools free.

Magic!

I think that's one of the reasons HeadWax calls it the Carrara plugin.

It's really cool how we can load in any figure, model something for it - anything, export to OBJ, bring it into DS, turn it into conforming clothing for the target figure, save to library, and it just freaking Works!!! I never really used DS for much more than that and to deal with and build aniBlocks.

I bought Decimator to make low poly figures for use in Carrara, but decided against taking that route the more I got used to the magic of Carrara. Didn't need low poly figures.

Bunyip02 said:

Scififunk videos - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/457771/scififunk-3d-animation-tutorials-are-back-online

thanks @bunyip02 

went through the vids and found the one I was after.. parts 3 and 4

ended up I was missing one step in the rigging.. put it down to old age memory probs laugh 

Stezza said:

Bunyip02 said:

thanks @bunyip02 

went through the vids and found the one I was after.. parts 3 and 4

ended up I was missing one step in the rigging.. put it down to old age memory probs laugh 

Glad you got what you were chasing !!!

edited November 2023

LoRenzo and LoRetta get lost  surprise

LoRenzo and LoRetta Lost.png
    800 x 600 - 788K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited November 2023

LoRenzo is MagicHead smiley

Magic Head.png
    800 x 600 - 853K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited January 3

LoRenzo dragging in the New Year smiley

Dragging in the New Year.png
    800 x 600 - 942K
    Post edited by Stezza on

LoRenzo has the best adventures.  Poor 2024.  Off to a tough start.

Hope 2024 does not still need a tow when it hits December !!!

edited February 6

LoRenzo showing off his dancing cactus cool

LoRenzo in Server Room.png
    800 x 600 - 793K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited February 11

LoRenzo on a Bender! wink

LoRenzo on a Bender.png
    800 x 600 - 731K
    Post edited by Stezza on