What about an old river ship?

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited January 2014 in Product Suggestions

Hi, what about an old river ship like that in the image from the movie Fitzcarraldo (with the great actor Klaus Kinski)? (Image) It must not be so huge in length, maybe half that size as in the image but I think such a ship would sell. maybe with add on packages for the interior (bridge, the cabins, corridors, engine room, and what else). Doors should have open/close and maybe windows also.

fitzcarraldo1.jpg
853 x 480 - 50K
Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited January 2014

there are some old steam boats out there but they are really huge and are not what I am looking for. And one that comes near this in the image but the textures are not the best and it has no posable doors and windows and so and is more low poly.

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Genesis seems to be the only passenger on board: it doesn't look very save to me...

RiverBoat.jpg
    880 x 880 - 149K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/sea/flying-steamer The ship comes off of the balloon.....Trish

ship.jpg
    529 x 465 - 174K
    edited December 1969

well I know these ships but that is not what I am looking for as you can see in the image I have posted

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/sea/flying-steamer The ship comes off of the balloon.....Trish

ups...anothe fault by me, I have one :) the textures are not soooo good but good enough, I never have seen the read me file before (must be blind) so I ever have used it as obj so no movable parts, that was the reason for my suggestion, the boat itself is really good, a render comes soon. And now I know (read my file) how to install it so I have the movable doors and crane and so :). Well, do not know why I never have noticed the read me file before :(

edited December 1969

and here it is with fixed textures

riverboat.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 800K
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

....while ancestorsrelic specifically states: Please read the accompaining Readme.txt for more infos. LOL

edited January 2014

tjeb said:
    ....while ancestorsrelic specifically states: Please read the accompaining Readme.txt for more infos. LOL

not necessary, the new up date is poser format and with geometry, runtime and texture folder :) quite easy :) only thing is that if you load the boat in ds4.5 and up the doors and the crane get scaled to 100% while the boat itself is at 8.4% so just scale the crane and the doors down to 8.4% and all is fine :)

btw. this riverboat is freeware at deviant art