Elaborate Rococo Wig for Gen 8

skelegraphskelegraph Posts: 31
edited September 2019 in Product Suggestions

Would love to see some baroque, Rococo, Antoinette-inspired hair. Fancy, opulent, over-the-top. Preferably with ships, birds, jewels and pearls in it.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=rococo%20hair&rs=typed&term_meta[]=rococo%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=hair%7Ctyped

The bigger the hair, the closer to god. 

rococowig1.jpg
564 x 845 - 80K
rococowig2.jpg
551 x 783 - 63K
rococowig3.jpg
564 x 695 - 51K
rococowig4.jpg
564 x 893 - 73K
Post edited by skelegraph on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

It’s not nearly as elaborate (or absurd) as your examples, but have you seen Historical Hair?

• skelegraphskelegraph Posts: 31
    edited September 2019

I have! Basically, what I'm saying is that... I want THAT, times 10. I am sure I could layer up Historial Hair with a few props and embellishments, but I wish someone would just go all-out and sculpt a beatiful hair masterpiece. 

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited September 2019

I rather see the problem with the fact that in G8 or G3 we do not have (at least no significant selection of) clothes (male & female) that would fit a rococo hairstyle context......  

Next year I will try to realize a project whose plot takes place 1770s–1780s in the South Atlantic and Indian Ocean and I will need a large number of illustrations. ... so I would be very much interested, as far as the articles represent more everyday use as "Schönbrunn and Versailles styles" ...but the "Ile Bourbon" had a reputation of elegance à la Française far away from Europe ...

Post edited by Chohole on
  • skelegraphskelegraph Posts: 31
    edited September 2019

andreretogasser, your project sounds compelling! What a beautiful reference image, and I'd love to experience the story. I'm already deeply intrigued. Anything else about it you could share?

I'm going to be doing a separate product request post for Baroque and Rococo fashions. There will be many ridiculous reference images! For now, I will just post this interesting article: https://historyofeuropeanfashion.wordpress.com/category/baroquerococo-1650-1800/

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited September 2019

andreretogasser, I'd love to experience the story. I'm already deeply intrigued. Anything else about it you could share?

Thank you for the useful background info. Whether you can witness the story depends if you count pen & paper role-playing to your hobbies (or are open to try it). - The project is planned for 2020, but as far as I know pARasit-Editions is always looking for volunteer test-players and voice-actors. Contact =    [email protected]

Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited September 2019

Would love to see some baroque, Rococo, Antoinette-inspired hair. Fancy, opulent, over-the-top. Preferably with ships, birds, jewels and pearls in it.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=rococo%20hair&rs=typed&term_meta[]=rococo%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=hair%7Ctyped

The bigger the hair, the closer to god. 

Check out the "Grand Siecle Hair for G3 females" by powerage on Renderosity.

I think it's safe to say it's basically exactly what you want. Lots of morphs and customizations... and birds, jewels, and pearls are all something you could put in it to make it perfect.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • Indeed! I actually found that last night and was elated. Now, I must learn how to use the hair converter. I'm excited! Thank you!

• You could always combine some hairs like scoops on an icecream cone

• Indeed! I actually found that last night and was elated. Now, I must learn how to use the hair converter. I'm excited! Thank you!

No need for the converter.

https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

Do this.

You don't have to adjust anything. Just load them both in, select the G8F, the Hair, transfer rigging, change scene identification, and save the hair.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

COOL TUTORIAL! :)

No need for the converter.

https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

Do this.

You don't have to adjust anything. Just load them both in, select the G8F, the Hair, transfer rigging, change scene identification, and save the hair.

You don't even have to do the transfer rigging step when you're converting hair. Just load the hair without the G8F being selected, change the scene identification of the hair, and fit it to the G8F. Essentially all G3 hair is G8 hair too, and vice versa - all you have to do is tell Daz which model you plan to fit it to. I suspect you can do the same thing fitting male hair to female models (and vice versa) within the same generation, but haven't really tested that.