POSES G8/G3 loading cycle for muzzle-loading weapon

andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
edited September 2019 in Product Suggestions

Dear 3d artists. A really important thing for a project that is planned for 2020. We have a not that bad selection of muzzle loader weapons (blunderbus, musket, pistol). What is really badly needed: A G8/G3 UPDATE of the charging cycles for such weapons with smartprop ramrod, powderhorn and the like! These are relatively precise poses and an individual creation will represent a huge loss of time - Time that I would rather invest (as a scenarist) in the plot.

https://www.daz3d.com/flintlock-by-merlin            ; would actually be excellent - but unfortunately, it's outdated M4 V4 stuff!

See the source image

See the source image

Post edited by andreretogasser on

Comments

• https://www.daz3d.com/flintlock-by-merlin            ; would actually be excellent - but unfortunately, it's outdated M4 V4 stuff!

A prop is a prop — the set includes both smartpropped items to load parented to a V4/M4 figure, un-smartpropped items, and matching V4/M4 poses. It would be a fairly straightforward job to convert these to modern Genesis 8 figures.

Slightly less straightforward is that the materials are all old Poser and DAZ|Studio settings, they would need to be converted to Iray.

A more important issue IMHO, though, is that the firing mechanism is not moveable, fixed in the "just fired" position, and it's wrong anyway — this is just meant to sort of look like a flintlock pistol if you don't look too closely. Unfortunately, this goes for most of the muzzle-loading guns out there; the best model I can think of is actually a freebie (can't remember where I got it), a boxed pair of articulated caplock duelling pistols, with all the accessories in the box. I'd love to see a flintlock pistol (or carbine, or longer, I'm not fussy) that actually works and has all the bits.

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited September 2019

A more important issue IMHO, though, is that the firing mechanism is not moveable, fixed in the "just fired" position, and it's wrong anyway — this is just meant to sort of look like a flintlock pistol if you don't look too closely.

did not escape me but I counted on being able to hide this problem in the powder smoke :-)          Honestly, I would already be overjoyed to get the tools to make some reasonably realistic pictures of some muzzle-load gun handling without hours of kitbashing ...... So that I would have some catchy action pictures for promotion. For the rest, I'm counting on my talent as scenario writer and some help from historical facts.

Post edited by andreretogasser on