HDR Installs

OldminerOldminer Posts: 134
edited January 2014 in Carrara Discussion

I had Install Manager download and install a HDR package in Carrara 8.5, I can't find the HDRs. The install path is the same one I used for other content which appear just fine in the browser. Where should I look for the HDR photos?

Post edited by Oldminer on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Most likely under Presets > Textures > "Folder name of the artist"
    If it is a Carrara product, I would look for instructions in the ReadMe file. They probably have a folder to add to your Misc tab for loading them and their settings.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Here's an example from Dimension Theory's "Skies of Terra" ReadMe notes:

Creator Notes

You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Carrara Folders:
    Presets : Backgrounds : DimensionTheory : SkiesOfTerra
    Presets : Textures : DimensionTheory : SkiesOfTerra
    Scenes : Lights : DimensionTheory : SkiesOfTerra

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

You can go into install manager. Click on the Installed Tab. Find the HDRs in the list. Click on the little right facing arrow to the right on the uninstall button and select show installed files. This will show you where they were installed. In windows, if you click on the one of the locations, it will open the folder in windows explorer.

ncamp

• ds-mail_2e0cb9c256ds-mail_2e0cb9c256 Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Another method is to use a general purpose search engine and start at C:\ on PC and search for *.hdr

You may find more that you did not know you have already.

I use *everything* prog; free and fast for any search, integrated as a right mouse click on any folder lever

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

I usually put the hdr files in a folder outside of Carrara so I can use the files for other things. Then add them via the Scene.background.hdri.

And adjust GI>Skylight via render room

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    I usually put the hdr files in a folder outside of Carrara so I can use the files for other things. Then add them via the Scene.background.hdri.

And adjust GI>Skylight via render room

See my link example.

http://gyazo.com/5efc6c8694fa4530043b055a93f9dc3b