How to load more people to final picture?

lord Adamlord Adam Posts: 125
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi folks, this time I want to add a few figures from Daz Studio 4 to Carrara pro 8...
At the moment I've got two: VICTORIA 4 and MICHAEL 4. I need some old people and kids runnig across the street. Does anyone of you know how to create that models in Daz Studio and finally export them to my scene in Carrara?

sunny_street.jpg
654 x 719 - 131K

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I don't know the best way of doing it in DS and then into Carrara, because I do it all in Carrara. Here's how I do it:

I start with a new, empty scene.

Go to my content tab and load in the figure I want to use.
    Load any morphs I might need and shape the figure to how I want it.
    Add clothes and other props.
    Optimize all of my shaders (Edit > Remove Unused Masters > Consolidate Duplicate Shaders, then Remove Unused Shaders - this gets rid of too much overhead)

Once I have a specific figure set up, I save it that way to my Custom Object Browser and then repeat the process for another person. My custom browser includes places for generic style people, like villagers, enemies, friends, etc.,

When I have extra time, I try to keep making new people and saving them in this way. I also include a brief few letters in the name signifying which figure is used - or use a separate folder. For example, if the person was made using Victoria 2, I include V2 in the name, whereas all of my Genesis creations go into their own Genesis versions within the same category of the browser.

Now when I need more people in my scene, I have some from which to choose. If my specific scene calls for someone I don't have yet, I repeat the above process for the person or people that I need, so that I have them saved for future works.