Carrara version number

Eric3dddEric3ddd Posts: 67
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have Carrara 8.5pro, build 243. How can I tell if this is the most current version?

- Historically, the "check for updates" feature built into the app has not worked (at least not on the Mac).
- There is no mention of the latest version on the Carrara page, or easily found in the forums.
- There is no build number in My Account.
- Even if I reset my purchase, the files are not named with build number. I have to download and open the installer to find out if it is the same or different than the one I have installed.

Daz, please make this easier on me. Thanks.

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I just looked into a theory, and it works.
    Click on the blue download link on the Carrara 8.5 Pro file from your account page and it says the version number in the file name. If you don't need the file, cancel out of the download. This is something we can do in Windows, not sure about Mac.

I was actually planning on downloading the file and checking its date compared to the package date shown when hovering over its allocation in DIM, but if you were using DIM, you'd know when updates are released - so that part was redundant.

I know, it used to be easier to check that within the account page, I think. The new system truly is much easier than it was then, when it was really difficult to figure out which file to get - so they are working in the right direction. I think that they're still working on store improvements.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited January 2014

Oh, and for Windows at least, build 243 is the latest. ;)

Just checked - 243 for Mac too

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Eric3dddEric3ddd Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Thanks. That works. Carrara_8.5.0.243_Mac64.zip is the latest Mac version available in My Account. I thought for sure a bug fix update would have been released in the past 6 months.