Importing Carrara Files Into Carrara Files

I like to set up characters with clothes, including morphs, in standalone Carrara files for import into large Carrara scene files.  But often when I do this, the clothing morphs don't work, i.e. the character shows the morphs, but the clothes are in default mode, with body parts sticking out, etc.  If I set up the character with morphs and clothes in the larger scene file, it works fine.  Am I missing something?

Comments

• Sometimes they need to be unfitted and refitted

and if they share the same names as other sets Carrara gets confused 

adding a number or something after each or renaming fixes that

the parented props and hairs being replaced with a cube I haven't solved

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Sometimes they need to be unfitted and refitted

and if they share the same names as other sets Carrara gets confused 

adding a number or something after each or renaming fixes that

the parented props and hairs being replaced with a cube I haven't solved

OK, thanks.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

could be something to do with saving all internal or not?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I don't save all internal and in most cases when reloading I have to re-apply the conforming stuff again... all of it from hair to shoes... 

with the cubes... what I do from memory is for G2 drag all the clothing items down a level to the group level not the figure level and then sometimes the knife, gun or whatever that is attached to whatever body part stays there without the cube issue on next load... I found that keeping all the clothing at the figure level in the tree creates the cube problem.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

I don't save all internal and in most cases when reloading I have to re-apply the conforming stuff again... all of it from hair to shoes... 

with the cubes... what I do from memory is for G2 drag all the clothing items down a level to the group level not the figure level and then sometimes the knife, gun or whatever that is attached to whatever body part stays there without the cube issue on next load... I found that keeping all the clothing at the figure level in the tree creates the cube problem.

ahh  kewl nugget of workflow.  Thanx!!