Q1 2014

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Happy New Year, everyone. I see I need to catch up on a lot of good threads, especially the low poly tutorials.

Remember this?

"A CarraraCafe exclusive news piece, straight for Daz HQ in Utah.
It is the February news announcement that brings the release dates for both Carrara 8.5 and 9.
We will be releasing Carrara 8.5 by end of summer 2013, and are working on some plans to release 9.0 either Q4 or Q1 2014."

http://carraracafe.com/breaking-news-carrara-8-5-to-be-released-end-of-summer-with-several-new-features-carrara-9-to-follow-q1-2014/

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    Happy New Year, everyone. I see I need to catch up on a lot of good threads, especially the low poly tutorials.

Remember this?

"A CarraraCafe exclusive news piece, straight for Daz HQ in Utah.
    It is the February news announcement that brings the release dates for both Carrara 8.5 and 9.
    We will be releasing Carrara 8.5 by end of summer 2013, and are working on some plans to release 9.0 either Q4 or Q1 2014."

http://carraracafe.com/breaking-news-carrara-8-5-to-be-released-end-of-summer-with-several-new-features-carrara-9-to-follow-q1-2014/

if car 9 is as useful to me as the 8.5 release then they are quite welcome to release it in q4 2021 ;)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited January 2014

Yeah... I love 8.5 - I really do. Genesis is going to be becoming very important really soon for me. But as for a next major version, I'd like to see some really good feature improvements. But then again, DAZ 3D knows this, I'm sure. They had to have a good plan in place. Who knows, perhaps they were already working on Carrara 9 along side of 8.5 through part of that?

diomede64 said:
    Happy New Year, everyone.

You too, Diomede!
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited February 2014

This thread and elsewhere have suggested Q1 2014 for a release of Carrara 9. We are now deep into Q1...

Any new rumors?

I have a new Mac Pro on order and would love to break it in with C9!

Post edited by That Other Persona on
  • McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

It is unfortunate that the Carrara developers want to keep all of the proposed improvements to themselves, rather than listening to the bulk of Carrara users....yes, I understand them wanting to make it compatible with their newest figures.

Here's what I don't understand....barn door & ies lights?? really ? how many people use these in their workflow?
    Veiwpoint Avatar improvements....wow that makes my day!

Please...listen to your customers...work with us....there are alot of people who would like to see this program succeed as a complete 3D package, and have been using it since Ray Dream days.

Update, improve and work with us. There are a few things that we could really use....barn doors could be easily done in prior versions.....make Carraras atmosphere & clouds better (Cumulonimbus are impossible), make the physics better, cloth, shaders etc....

Talk to all of us. :)

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

McGuiver said:
    ies lights?? really ? how many people use these in their workflow?

Talk to all of us. :)

Hi there - I totally agree with your sentiment, but up until now IES lights have been essential for us Sci Fi Lovers. It's the best way of getting volumetric lighting (e.g. on streelights at night).

However from the Release of Octane for Carrara, all rendering improvements are a lot less important imho. I reckon the "realism" crowd will move onto using that for their renders. I'd rather they concentrate on making a bug free (or less buggy) program to use, and keep pushing the modelling and animation side of things.

• Rich GellesRich Gelles Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

oh no the proverbial what's going be in Carrara 9 conversation . So much fun always.

Hey , I will take from Mcguiver ---better atmospheres and clouds , better physics especially cloth and from Sci Fi Funk I order some modeling love and animation additions. I would like to add would be nice to see some more helpful animation posing tools.

As those of us who have been around the block with Daz -----we have seen there has not been a lot feature improvements the three years of development. And their focus on content first decisons just does not help. I mean really....they spend so much development on Carrara's content import flow with geneis and poser and never bother trying to sell the content in the store by indicating the stuff can be used in Carrara. (I know alot of content would work with minor texture adjustments but you would never know by the store --nearly everything is for Daz Studio or Poser ....) I mean it just does not make sense . smiles.

So I do not want to get worked up over DAZ ....and Carrara .....So I will continue to wish upon a star and hope maybe we will see some features improved that have nothing to do with content delivery. And keep enjoying 8.5 which is pretty nice for me.

Rich

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

.....So I will continue to wish upon a star

ha ha. Yep that about sums it up.

It's a bit like a lucky dip (heavily weighted to the new characters **yawn**), but you never know a little golden nugget might be buried in there somewhere....