windows 10

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
edited September 2019 in Carrara Discussion

now Carrara has stopped working AGAIN on Windows 10

was working yesterday

Architools stopped it before so suspect another extension

I got a Mimic error so moved that out

but why just why when it worked yesterday???????

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• its Octane Render which is the reason I bought this computer

NOT HAPPY

• I can use it on the Carrara 8.5 beta so it is likely another plugin is breaking it again

I will need to plonk them one by one into the extensions folder and find the culprit

I never added any since yesterday though

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Argh - how frustrating for you.  So far, my stuff isstill working in Windows 10, but it sems like it is only a matter of time before an update screws things up.  angry

RE: extensions and plugins - should we dedicate a thread to supplements issues?

• yes we are on borrowed time with no DAZ support

even if it proves to be a plugin it was working yesterday until Windows improved stuff angry

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is there a way to roll win10 back from last 24 hours?

i have mimic and all the latest plugins.  but no Octane.  i won't be able to replicate your conditions.

1st suspect is always the video driver.  could try turning off hardware acceleration.  iirc theres a checkbox in carrara so,mewhere to use software instead of hardware open cl .

• Mystarra said:

is there a way to roll win10 back from last 24 hours?

i have mimic and all the latest plugins.  but no Octane.  i won't be able to replicate your conditions.

1st suspect is always the video driver.  could try turning off hardware acceleration.  iirc theres a checkbox in carrara so,mewhere to use software instead of hardware open cl .

I already changed that checkbox as the option I had caused issues

driver I had to roll back for iClone last week Octane was and is working in that beta still at least

I would say its an extension crash as Carrara typically does this when thats the case but its just crazy how it just happened overnight

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited September 2019

and I cannot load V4 either apparently

works in DAZ studio

this is truly weird

V4 in a saved file off my other PC works

some strange stuff going on

and what do you know

V4 loads in that beta

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited September 2019

as a poser figure or as a saved .car version of V4, all internal?

i forgot all about the eyebrow plate. 

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

Poser format

it makes no sense whatsoever why it would work in one Carrara not the other

saved it works in both

so much about Win10 is driving me nuts too, it doesn't make chasing down issues any easier 

I think I best not bother setting up scenes on this PC but load them from my other stable machine just to render with Octane 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    Mystarra said:

Poser format

it makes no sense whatsoever why it would work in one Carrara not the other

saved it works in both

so much about Win10 is driving me nuts too, it doesn't make chasing down issues any easier 

I think I best not bother setting up scenes on this PC but load them from my other stable machine just to render with Octane 

Hope you get your workflow working Wendy !!!!

• The last two weeks, Carrara has been unpredictable and unable to load its old projects and sometimes browser objects.  I thought it might be due to Win 10 updates and downloaded latest ones in the hope that would solve the problem.  No luck.  I don't have the add-ons some of you have mentioned.  I was wondering if anyone wlse was having problems.  I am up-to-date with version 1809.  Has anyone tried the new one 1903 or whatever?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I'm using Windows 10 Pro64 Version 18362 on the slow ring

the latest fast ring version is 18990

Mine works flawlessly with Carrara, no probs at all above what is normal for Carrara.

The only thing I do different is use Windows 10 NVidea selected drivers rather than NVidia's latest drivers.. I found that by using the latest NVidia drivers did upset Carrara more than the Windows 10 selected driver.

other than that it's cool runnings for me and Windows 10 with Carrara yes

• Yes it is a combination of an update and one of the plugins I am guessing 

something is now clashing 

am slowly adding more to extensions as I need them will find the culprit eventually 

second time now I have had to reinstall Chrome because it stopped working

it's a bloody Edge conspiracy I am certain angry

• NVidia drivers updated last night. While I was downloading a bunch of content. No warnings, just happens. As it was over 1g in size, it did not help downloading speeds of content which went from flying to crawling.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I have seen issues after driver updates before, Remember I was offline for about a year while I figured out it was a graphics tablet driver that hooped the install of Carrara and as soon as I removed that drfiver I was back in working order.

I have seen issues after driver updates before, Remember I was offline for about a year while I figured out it was a graphics tablet driver that hooped the install of Carrara and as soon as I removed that drfiver I was back in working order.

Yes remember 

Carrara not working is bad enough but I am a bit shocked something as big as Chrome owned by Google/Alphabet could be broken by Microsoft updates twice now.

Finding fixing is frustrating glad it was only a day all my cases not a year, I still cannot solve some stuff with Carrara though.

Don't have Misty's characters on my new PC but scenes saved internally on my old machine should  open yet they come in rigging detached.

I don't have Virtual World  Dynamics installed yet I can open saved scenes from the other computer with simulated to keyframe animations of that as expected.

Some plugins will not register and want serials yet were included in the Digital Carvers Suite.

Some inagoni ones bought from DAZ not showing up.

its a bit of a mixed bag of confusion

bugger broke Chrome again and I had to uninstall reinstall it

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Yuk - do you have any fancy extensions to your chrome that could be causing a conflict?

Diomede said:

Yuk - do you have any fancy extensions to your chrome that could be causing a conflict?

yes get message DAZ deals crashed unistalling it and its after Windows defender has run