I discovered this problem.

BCManBCMan Posts: 16

When I clicked onto the powerboat in Daz 4 I got this issue but when I entered Daz 3 it was normal.

My question is how do I correct this problem to get it working in Daz 4?

daz_3.png
817 x 625 - 341K
daz_4.png
1088 x 704 - 318K
Post edited by BCMan on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021
    edited December 1969

The problem is that the door are not separate from the hull - DS3, and Poser, break imported meshes into their groups and then stick them together according to the CR2 but DS4 loads the mesh literally. With luck you may be able to open the OBJ file - Runtime\Geometries\S Studio\Transport Figures\PowerBoat\PowerBoat.obj - in a modelling application, select each door, cut, and paste back in then save that back out and have it work; the vertex order will change, but since there are no morphs that doesn't matter - the risk is that the UV mapping will be lost so make a copy of the file before altering it. I'll point this out..

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

I will pull it down and take a look

Thanks for letting us know

• BCManBCMan Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I will pull it down and take a look

Thanks for letting us know

Thank you very much. Just let me know when you've fixed it.

• BCManBCMan Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Guess what I found the problem.

It turned out that back when I installed it, when I was new to DAZ, I didn't download the Poser file that went with it.

Now it's working fine.

Thank you very much for looking at my problem.

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

Welll you probably did since it was a poser file until just a bit ago :) I updated the file and converted for DAZ Studio while i was at it. Which i was just coming to tell you lol