Handheld props compatible with 3D Figures list

KhyridKhyrid Posts: 0

I was looking at the weapons in the store and I saw that under "Compatible 3D Figures list" it said "Victoria 4, Michael 4". They didn't have any straps or anything that would need to be shaped to the body.

I was wondering what it is about a handheld weapon that must be compatible with a 3D figure? Isn't it just a matter of linking them to the hand? Maybe it has to do with how they're carried by the characters when not in their hands? If it's compatible with the default genesis, shouldn't be compatible with everything?

Comments

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

When you look at the "Whats included & features" tab from the product, you see that it includes hand poses for the weapons. And these hand poses were made for V4/M4. But you can use them with any figure of yourse. The worst thing that can happen, is that you have to manually adjust the hand poses.

• KhyridKhyrid Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ah, I see. So, they are just optimized for those figures.

edited December 1969

Not the weapons, only the included hand poses.

edited December 1969

But what about the

"All Weapons Have Left and Right Hand Smartprop Versions For Michael 4 and Victoria 4"

Smartprop just makes the weapon in the position it needs to be. How is that any different for M4 V4 or G whatever

edited December 1969

Hm, good question. I do not think that there are much differences. But this seems to be an older product, released at times when Genesis was not on the market already.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Khyrid said:
    But what about the

"All Weapons Have Left and Right Hand Smartprop Versions For Michael 4 and Victoria 4"

Smartprop just makes the weapon in the position it needs to be. How is that any different for M4 V4 or G whatever

Genesis and M4./V4 are completely different figures. One is Generation 4, and the other is Generation 5 which is also TriaX weight mapped. The bones have different names, for example, Genesis has 'Right Collar' and M4 has 'rCollar', there are many differences, Genesis also having a Right Carpal 1 and 2 as well which M4 does not have.
    edited January 2014

Khyrid said:
    But what about the

Genesis and M4./V4 are completely different figures. One is Generation 4, and the other is Generation 5 which is also TriaX weight mapped. The bones have different names, for example, Genesis has 'Right Collar' and M4 has 'rCollar', there are many differences, Genesis also having a Right Carpal 1 and 2 as well which M4 does not have.

True, but I had never any problems with smart-propping objects to Genesis which were designed for V4. So it should work anyway.

Edit: A little bit of refining and adjusting is always necessary in my opnion. But that depends more on the pose than on the figure itself.

Post edited by XoechZ on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the feedback all.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Let's put it this way...on Genesis, they will load in the general vicinity of the proper location of the hand and possibly be 'connected' correctly (parented). Most likely, they will need some adjustment...but then again, I seldom find that I don't have to actually adjust things on the figures they are meant for..more often than not, it's because they are set up for the base figure and I'm using a morphed figure or the 'default' doesn't look right to me...or a half dozen other reasons.

The weapons themselves are usable by any figure.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,847
    edited December 1969

The attached pic shows Genesis in it's default T pose, and a gun, the gun is a smart prop and has parented itself to the right hand of Genesis, but as you can see it doesn't come close to fitting, that's because it was designed to fit A3's T pose hand and not Genesis. So in the store this would be labeled as compatible with A3/H3, but that doesn't mean it can't fit Genesis, it just means the end user will have to do some work and reposition it.

Jimmy what you see in the scene tab is just a label, you could rename Right Collar into Bent Snot-Weasel and it wouldn't make a difference, internally it's still called rCollar.

dont_fit.jpg
    767 x 647 - 50K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What Bejaymac posted a pic of is what I was trying to say...as they say 1 picture is worth 1000 words.