Guy 8

Girl 8 is an excellent figure, useful for all sorts of toon or anime type renders.

But she seems awefully lonely.

How about a male equivalent. I seem to recall a Guy figure for Poser. How about an update for him?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Apparently, male toons don't sell that well, so it's unlikely to be a base figure. Toon Hero may be the closest we get.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870
    edited September 2019

Girl 8 is an excellent figure, useful for all sorts of toon or anime type renders.

But she seems awefully lonely.

How about a male equivalent. I seem to recall a Guy figure for Poser. How about an update for him?

I believe that Guy4 Michael4 was bought out so Daz could use the name -- it used to be a PA product -- and then retired. Then they brought out The Guy 7 for Genesis 3 Male. For Genesis 8, for the time being, you may need to cobble together something with maybe Toon Hero, Toon Dwayne, any other toony guys you can think of.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Of course, with Aiko 8 and Kanade 8, Gen8 has THREE toon style females.

As for male toons not selling well, it's often the case that no-one will buy what simply does not exist!

I suspect a male toon character will sell better than BABIES especially if bundled with good clothing (like all the other figures).

I, for one, would like to be able to do, say, i nice Dragonball or Street Fighter render that feayured some of the MALE characters.

• vwrangler, I didn't know there was a Guy 7. I can convert his base character to G8.That's brilliant.

Thanks!

Thanks to ALL you guys!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870
    edited October 2019

vwrangler, I didn't know there was a Guy 7. I can convert his base character to G8.That's brilliant.

Thanks!

Thanks to ALL you guys!

You may already know this, but just in case: if you want to use his texture, you'll either need to do a Map Transfer to shift it from Guy 7 UV to Base Male UV (tutorial thread here - also, Base Male will work on both G3M and G8M, so you'll only need to do that once), or you'll need to get RedzStudio's product that allows you to use any G3M UV on G8M.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • I suspect a male toon character will sell better than BABIES

UGH.  Even seeing mention of those triggers me!

Back on topic: One of the main reasons why I haven't purchased Girl 8 or Sakura 8 is because there isn't yet a male counterpart.  I get that they might not sell as well, but if I'm going for a particular style, I'd prefer to have all the necessary tools, not half of them.

Right now Cartoonized for G8F/G8M can offer that, but it leaves a lot to be desired in the eye customization.

• JTL2JTL2 Posts: 46

As a fan of the anime toon styles, I would love to see a Hiro 8.

As for male toons not selling well, it's often the case that no-one will buy what simply does not exist!

Well, we finally got Kanade's companion...

I suspect a male toon character will sell better than BABIES especially if bundled with good clothing (like all the other figures).

Don't be so sure. Babies are one of those general Quality of Life figures that's generally needed. Problem is the offical daz babies are rather terrible to the point I actually perfer the Genesis 1 baby.... or Sixus1's Genesis 8 baby. Face is a little off, but dialing in some of the Daz baby's face smooths out the worst of it and the body is infinitely less derpy.

I, for one, would like to be able to do, say, i nice Dragonball or Street Fighter render that feayured some of the MALE characters.

Toon Hero is perfect for that. Esp if you port The Guy 7 to Genesis 8 and then mix the two.

I suspect a male toon character will sell better than BABIES

UGH.  Even seeing mention of those triggers me!

Because you think they're pointless or because you think they're poorly done?

Back on topic: One of the main reasons why I haven't purchased Girl 8 or Sakura 8 is because there isn't yet a male counterpart.  I get that they might not sell as well, but if I'm going for a particular style, I'd prefer to have all the necessary tools, not half of them.

Dig up the free G3 to G8 transfer script off the forum. You'll be able to port Guy 7 to Genesis 8 rather easily. Girl 7 too. She actually mixes rather well with Girl 8 to give an array of good looking characters. Same with Toon Hero and Guy 7

Right now Cartoonized for G8F/G8M can offer that, but it leaves a lot to be desired in the eye customization.

Guy 7 to 8 ;)

I'll also point out that a number of DAZ Premium Artists (aka PA's) that make both male and female content have repeatedly stated that male content doesn't sell as well as female content does. One has actually said that in her experience that male content generally sells at about 2/3 volume as compared to the exact same content for females. And, DAZ3D has been around long enough to have sales data to back that sort of thing up.