Rendering as a movie

LindsayMSLindsayMS Posts: 5
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have been playing with simple animation using just the time line and tried to save using a compression, this failed (shrug) but now the window with the option no longer appears so I am unable to revert to saving full frames.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

but now the window with the option no longer appears so I am unable to revert to saving full frames.

What window, the TimeLine or Render Settings?

The TimeLine can be found in Window > Tabs (Panes) > Timeline, and Render Settings is in Render > Render Settings, and use the option 'Render To' either Still Image, Image Series or Movie.

Is that what you mean? Please try and give as much information as you can, it makes it easier for us to answer you.
  • LindsayMSLindsayMS Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

When I have been rendering as a movie, the rendering process went through its varying stages frame by frame. At the completion of this process a window was presented with the choice of saving as full frames or as compressed video. Normally I chose full frames but I thought I would try the compressed option. A second window was presented with the options to choose the CODEC to use I obviously chose the wrong CODEC because the saving failed. Now I don't get these options at all, it goes straight to saving fail.
    The aforementioned choices windows were standard "Windows" windows in appearance, not the style of the DAZ windows

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

For short tests, this is the best option.
    If you are doing longer animations, it is common practice to render to an Image Series and with a tool like VirtualDub (free) make an .avi.

MicrosoftVideo1.jpg
    284 x 155 - 27K
    edited December 1969

That's the second of the windows that I am not seeing any more

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

You probably mean the Render Settings.
    Click the orange icon, has the window returned?

RenderSettingsicon.jpg
    390 x 700 - 47K
    edited January 2014

No I can get to those settings, but in 4.6 they are accessed differently. It is only if I choose to render as a movie that this other window comes up. At the moment, until I can get to that window, I cannot render as a movie at all. DAZ does its stuff but fails at the save stage at the end of it all. In your previous post you provided a screen dump of a window. That window is a daughter from a previous window. IT is that previous window (and its daughter) that I need to get access to. At the moment DAZ is trundling past that point with my previous faulty choice happily in its memory. Restarting DAZ has no effect, Next step is rebooting computer which I will try after this post.

NOTE:- Rebooting WORKED - maybe I should have tried that first - after 40 odd years in the business it should have been my first move. (facepalm) :red:

Post edited by LindsayMS on