LAPD uniform for Genesis 8 male and female

Hi guys, 

I know IH Kang has made police uniforms which are NYPD unforms but has anyone thought about making an LAPD version for both male and female 8?
Short sleeve with open collar and long sleeve with tie.

-Winton 

09_05_2012endofwatch1.jpg
1500 x 844 - 178K
capture1.jpeg
1920 x 1080 - 249K
3748387_071118-kabc-sylmar-fire-officers-img.jpg
800 x 450 - 354K

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

Swat Unit attire would be cool!

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371
    Sigurd said:

That would be good too! 

Yeah I've seen this one. What I mean is it would be awesome if someone made an LAPD texture version of this. And perhaps a Male version too. 

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    wintoons said:

Yeah I've seen this one. What I mean is it would be awesome if someone made an LAPD texture version of this. And perhaps a Male version too. 

Believe it or not, it my be a copyright issue. I know it sounds silly but I have heard the classic Military uniforms are copyrighted preventing anyone without permission from creating and selling replicas. G.I. Joe has a special dispensation providing they maintain certain quality controls on the product.

Can anyone either confirm or deny that?

Could this be what is blocking doing specific LAPD uniforms?

RKane_1 said:
    wintoons said:

Believe it or not, it my be a copyright issue. I know it sounds silly but I have heard the classic Military uniforms are copyrighted preventing anyone without permission from creating and selling replicas. G.I. Joe has a special dispensation providing they maintain certain quality controls on the product.

Can anyone either confirm or deny that?

Could this be what is blocking doing specific LAPD uniforms?

It could be. But I doubt it. Although you can copy it and change it around. Instead of saying LAPD you could say LSPD or LPD like in GTA5. 
    So, you can make the uniform but just change the naming or decoration a bit. 

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

San Angeles Police Dept.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    Sigurd said:

San Angeles Police Dept.

A fellow Champions fan! :)

RKane_1 said:
    Sigurd said:

San Angeles Police Dept.

A fellow Champions fan! :)

Hahaha Yes!!! :))

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Some government organizations have contracts with the businesses that product identifying patches, badges, and whatnot; not to sell those patches, badges, and such to people that can't document they work for that particular government organization, for example, the NPS (USA's National Park Service) for example. However, regardless of those agreements it's still pretty easy to get those patches and such if you want them, like if your are a scriptwriter actually producing your script for example.

As far as the actual uniforms they are not that varied, though there is some variance, and are often used for every generic security job from hotel security guard to actual police officer. For one, it's a safety issue not having police officers in different places not be recognized by the general public as police officers and 2nd, economy of scale manufacturing police uniforms leads to lower costs for uniform buyers and higher profit margins for uniform manufacturers when they manufacture most the same type of uniforms for all police forces.  

• Sigurd said:

I'd buy that 3 ways; quick, fast and in a dang hurry! Especially SWAT poses!
    Sigurd said:

That would be good too. In fact an LAPD collection would be really awesome! The Street uniforms for both Genesis male and female 8, the long sleeve with the tie version and the short sleeve version without the tie. And also a SWAT uniform too with the weapons and also the poses too. 

Anything else I've missed?

• edited October 2019
    wintoons said:
    Sigurd said:

That would be good too. In fact an LAPD collection would be really awesome! The Street uniforms for both Genesis male and female 8, the long sleeve with the tie version and the short sleeve version without the tie. And also a SWAT uniform too with the weapons and also the poses too. 

Bullet proof vests for SWAT and patrol officers. Helmets for the SWAT team. Oh ... and how about a bomb squad outfit, the one they wear when getting close to explosives? A wind breaker with different lettering options for SWAT, DEA, ATF, FBI. And surveillance gear (ear pieces, clip on mics and cameras).
    Post edited by katherinepoche_e11a5b0e7e on
    wintoons said:
    Sigurd said:

Bullet proof vests for SWAT and patrol officers. Helmets for the SWAT team. Oh ... and how about a bomb squad outfit, the one they wear when getting close to explosives? A wind breaker with different lettering options for SWAT, DEA, ATF, FBI. And surveillance gear (ear pieces, clip on mics and cameras).

The Bomb squad would be really awesome.
    The wind breaker was already mentioned here. 
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/349566/police-fbi-blue-windbreaker-jackets-for-genesis-8#latest

• Hi, my apologies for necro-posting in this thread but I searched far and wide for DAZ3D clothing assets based on LAPD uniforms but did not find any, though I found this thread here. That being said, I would like to second the suggestion above for LAPD uniform for Genesis 8 characters as well. Personally, I think the NYPD uniforms are way overused as American-style city police uniforms in works like visual novels and, frankly, I tend to associate them with cities set in colder and temperate settings whereas I associate LAPD uniform with cities in warmer and tropical settings. There are county sheriff's uniforms but still...