Ctrl & click option stopped working to select objects in Bryce 7

edhooveredhoover Posts: 0
edited January 2014 in Bryce Discussion

Is this a mode setting or a bug that will require re-installing Bryce?

-I played a little with options. Clicked CTRL-A to select all, and now the CTRL and click function seemed to work again. Selected the object.
Now it stopped working. I finally found that it has to be the Left most CTRL button, not the one on the right side of the main key part of the keyboard.

Post edited by edhoover on

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Odd. Have you used the right Ctrl button in some other application to see if possibly your keyboard key or PC is malfunctioning? If it is Bryce, I don't know how to fix it, but maybe somebody else may have an idea.

I do know that if you have an object way down in the lower right corner of the screen, click doesn't work correctly; the mouse menu will be displayed for a fraction of a second, then go away. I suppose it is possible you happened to use the right ctrl button on something in that region and the left one on something elsewhere on the screen that that MIGHT make one think the right ctrl button isn't working, but that's probably unlikely (but mentioning this just in case.)

I rarely use hotkeys, but I'm under the impression one might be able to remap them in other applications or possibly in Windows; is there any chance this accidentally happened and your right ctrl key got mapped to some other key?