A wish for this new year...

c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello everyone!

This picture sound like a call and a wish for the development of Bryce 8. From a point a view, it's also created to demonstrate that Bryce 7 is able to generate luxurious landscape like Vue. Here, fields are generated by intersecting terrains with other terrains and then bordered by simple Bryce shrubs and trees for the background and xfrog trees for the foreground.

It take me a long time to land all those pieces at the right place and to achieve a good balance with this vegetation.

I have use Dan whiteside "foggy dome" to create the atmosphere ambiance and there's two volumetrics clouds to generate the fog in the foreground. There is also three spotlight in the sky for the lightning of the scene.

Most of parts of the villages is from faveral and is available here at daz :

http://www.daz3d.com/le-village-bundle

The barns are from "the home farm" bundle and is available at darkanvil.net but one of those derelict barn is a model from me, you can get it for free at horo web site :

http://www.horo.ch/raytracing/sys/index_en.html#DocTop (clic on guests when you're on the page).

The all scene is about 3,4 gb of memory usage and render time about 1 week on a i7 2600k 8 cores machine (at this resolution). It's of course a T.A render at 64 rays per pixel with boost light and scattering correction on.

Now I'm going to make my processor burn while rendering it at the widest side (4000x1600).

Hope you appreciate.

Bryce8_country.jpg
1800 x 760 - 1011K

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,276
    edited December 1969

@Marco - this is a fantastic scene. We can dwell long on it to discover details. The barns, the village, the one in the distance, the farms and sheep, the light rays on the left. This must be in France, I think the water tower gives it away. I hope you put this in the DAZ Gallery to show to all what Bryce can do. The DAZ hot air balloon is great. So your machine is up for month-long render if you double the size. But this may still be less time than you needed to put this scene together.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@c-ram: That is a lovely scene, just like it would be if you were standing on a hillside. Well done.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited January 2014

The illuminated ballon with Bryce8! :)
    It is so lovely!

Edit: Please, where do you find this "Dan whiteside “foggy dome”"?

Post edited by Kerya on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Wow... some really great fine detail in this render... Excellently executed.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Horo : you're right, this landscape is inspired of what you can see in France. It's also that kind of country scape I can observe in my region which is call "Lorraine". Well I have got to take some time to create a gallery here at daz. I don't know if there's something to proof yet with Bryce but i hope so and that's why I work hard with it. Now it's my computer that's rendering and it's going to take about 3 to 4 weeks! Thanks for your comments.

Gussnemo and Thesavage : thank you for your great words!

Kerya : I don't know if you can find Danwhiteside dome for download but David have use this technique in a video to create crepuscular rays in a Bryce scene : www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruCK-HD9XXo

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,162
    edited December 1969

Beautiful landscape c-ram., amazing details

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the link! Merci beaucoup!

edited December 1969

De rien Kerya!

You're welcome Kerya!

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Incredible artwork, both for what you have produced and also how you have produced it! When I put my hat on, I will take it off to you.

edited December 1969

David : oh, thank you! You know, it's always the same pleasure for me to create that kind of scene. Bryce have so much functions, there's so much way to let us all put our imagination in our own creation process. Hat off for you too!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,276
    edited December 1969

@Marco - Lorraine, Nancy, Metz, ... passed through that region a few times on my way to England and back. Your render matches my memories.

edited December 1969

All right Horo! I live in Metz you know. If you ever have another trip and are near of my place it'll be a pleasure to meat you so, just tell me!

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Wow, Marco! Fantastic and elaborate image. I've never been to Europe, but I still could have thought this image was a photograph. The atmospheric choices do a great job of achieving scale. I love the way the balloon with Daz written on it seems to almost glow in certain areas as if light was indeed transiting the fabric in a very natural way.. Excellent!!!

edited December 1969

Wow, Marco! Fantastic and elaborate image. I've never been to Europe, but I still could have thought this image was a photograph. The atmospheric choices do a great job of achieving scale. I love the way the balloon with Daz written on it seems to almost glow in certain areas as if light was indeed transiting the fabric in a very natural way.. Excellent!!!

Thank you Rashad! Well, I have play with a lot of technical stuff here, light in the balloon is a simple radial one with intensity to the maximum and a gel texture in it. I've use range light to provide this effect.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 1969

What a wonderful, wonderful scene. Must have cost you 'ages' to set up. In that case, a weeks rendering is... well, it's a long time in any case.
    Well done. Hope someone at DAZ starts to get the message! :)

edited December 1969

Hansmar : thank you. Well it takes me about 3 week-end to build the scene. I'm sure that someone have heard the message.. Like a lot of us, I hope that it's just a matter of time for Bryce to enter a new development cycle, but that's another debate..

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 855
    edited December 1969

That is such a phantastic picture! Really very well done! I wonder how you made the little country lane on the left side. I never have managed to create a convincing path or road on a terrain. Chapeau!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 1969

c-ram said:
    Hansmar : thank you. Well it takes me about 3 week-end to build the scene. I'm sure that someone have heard the message.. Like a lot of us, I hope that it's just a matter of time for Bryce to enter a new development cycle, but that's another debate..

Thanks for the info. I think three weekends is not too long for such a splendid scene. I always keep trying to improve the lighting the placing of items, the texture, the...... until it takes me many evenings and weekends to finish an even much simpler scene.
    So you really must know what you want and then be able to also do it. Great work!

edited December 1969

Electro-elvis : Thanks for your great comments. I've made the little path on the left side with a negativ boolean on the terrain. It's not that hard to do and that's one of the way to create it.

Hansmar : when I say 3 weekends, it means that I work all day long from wednesday in the evening to sunday and drink some "Redbull" to hold on until late at night.