How to Install Decimator

marrammarram Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

When I try to install Decimator for DAZStudio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit, I have already installed DS 6.1 Pro), the installer fails and shows the error "The installation path for DAZ Studio can not be found" (Unfortunately, it doesn't state the path).
DS 6.1 installation path is /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit.

Please help!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410
    edited January 2014

Did you get hte free DS or the pay for version some time back? The payed for version auto installed it and you just had to put in a serial number. Are you trying to install manually or with DIM?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • marrammarram Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I't's a free version of DS. I'm trying to install Decimator manually, since I couldn't with DIM: Decimator is in my Product Library but not in DIM...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

All you need to do, if you have purchased a Decimator license, is get the serial number from your account and then go to Help>About installed plug-ins to enter it. Decimator was part of the paid for DS 4 Pro, so the plug-in is still there for those of us who bought that, but it isn't included in the free version of DS 4 Pro and will not be activated by that serial number.

edited December 1969

Decimator is not in the list of installed plugins; all the plugins I have bought are there except Decimator... Is there any way I can install it with the installer?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

marram said:
    Decimator is not in the list of installed plugins; all the plugins I have bought are there except Decimator... Is there any way I can install it with the installer?

The code is built in, but you need to purchase it to get a serial number to activate it.

edited December 1969

I have ALREADY purchased it, "Decimator for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit)" is available for downloading in my Product library.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but:

- the serial number for Decimator is in "My Serial Numbers" page but I can't activate it, because it's not in the list of installed plugin.
    - I can't install it with DIM, because it's not there.
    - I can't install it manually because the installer can't find the DAZStudio installation path.

:-(

So, what should I do?

edited December 1969

Sorry, I was misunderstanding -- so Decimator is showing up in your Product Library but not in DIM?

edited December 1969

Yes, exactly. This is the reason why I tried to install manually.

edited December 1969

What is the DIM version number?

edited December 1969

It's 1.0.1.108.

edited December 1969

Only other thing I can thing of is making sure your download filters include DS4.5+ and your OS and bit-depth, but since you were able to install DS with DIM I wouldn't think that could be it. I'm afraid you'll need to contact Sales Support so they can look into why it's in your Product Library but not in DIM.

edited December 1969

The Decimator plug-in is installed by DAZ Studio, or should be. try reinstaling the main application, then check Help>About Installed Plug-ins and you should find it with a box wanting its serial number.

edited December 1969

I reinstalled DS 4.6, the plugin is not in the installed plugins list nor in the plugins folder "/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins" (if its name is libdzdecimator.dylib)!

edited December 1969

Hmm, sounds like there may be a packing issue with the Mac version. Please open a support ticket with Technical Support to report this.

• edited December 1969

It's not in the plugins list to put your serial number in to a clean Windows install version 4.6 either. Did this ever get solved? It's in my DIM but I can't install it as it says it can't find the path for 4.5 even though I want to install into 4.6 and this is a clean machine with no previous versions of DAZ Studio.

edited December 1969

In DIM, can you go to Settings > Applications and post a screenshot?

• wilezgiaciowilezgiacio Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

If you encounter "can't find path..." error, do the following steps:

1. Run regedit.exe
    2. Under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAZ\Studio4", add an string type(REG_SZ) key: InstallPath-64 (or InstallPath-32)
    3. Set key's value to the DAZ installation path (for example: "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4")
    4. Close regedit, and install the decimator
    5. Launch DAZ Pro, goto Help -> About installed plugins, you can find the DAZ Decimator and it wait for the serial number input
    6. Enter the serial number(you only need to supply the Decimator serial number, just ignore the others), restart DAZ pro
    7. Enjoy