Textures for dna object (sci fi up)

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I've a dna helix as object and have tried various textures but so far nothing remotely close to convincing, in an artistic sense even. Any ideas which texture tweak might give a dna segment a sci fi (realistic, organic or alien etc) feel to it? It has the 4 strands which can be isolated and I've colored each in their own shade with lights, clouds, cloth, that rainbow freak, plasma etc. So far I'm not satisfied with the look.

Comments

• edited December 1969

I do not recall posting this twice. But I have to login upon each return so things are good. i found the perfect tweak. It's the other switch that runs off the side of the first setting. Just inch it up one notch then put it back. Hope this helps!

• useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

show us some examples to get an idea of what you're working with.

• edited January 2014

Really want to know? One of Dr. John Dee's Enochian Watchtowers. I pasted this onto an octahedron (for highly esoteric reasons). If I get a frame I like and figure out how to post it I'll maybe do that. The dna sample is forming within the animated flux of the above, which (imaginatively!?) creates a matrix or womb of scalar energy enabling that formation. We see we need way more RAM.....

Post edited by mpam76895_15961369c9 on