Anthropomorphic shapes for Genesis 8

I've been searching high and low for custom anthropomorphic morphs for the Genesis 8 family. I know that there are a few out there but they are pretty limited. More accurately the species I'm looking for are canine(wolf, fox, domestic breeds like retrievers, doberman, etc), equine(horse, pony, zebra, etc), bovine( bulls, cows, buffalo, etc) reptiles (croc, aligator, hooded viper, Komodos, snakes, etc) and a few others. The reason I didn't list the felines is because I actually found some great morphs made my RawArt and some others that I mixed in. If you really want to give a go at felines, go ahead as I would by it anyway. I already own the HFS head shapes bundle, and while it does show some promise, its very basic and sometimes not what I need. For instance, if I need to make a fox character, I want to be able to select what species I want, then choose what characteristics I want to change. For instance the nose needs to be a bit smaller, muzzel needs to shorter thicker or whatever, i could just edit a bunch of tabs to get the right look. If I need to make a different character based on the other, just have to copy the model, make a few changes then BAM I got a labradoodle. In short I want to buy something that I can apply to a Genesis 8 model and have full control on how it looks, not having to rely on a single slide bar that shapes it into something vaguely relatable. The product or bundle has to be for both Male and Female. Fur is not required but scales are, being that they are considered skin. Appendages like hands/paws/claws/hooves/etc are needed as well as tails. Flexibility on those pieces are welcome too. Body shapes are not necessary but are welcome, just need the ability to turn them off if I dont need them. Also, a option to transition from realistic to toony would be welcome. I would except having to purchase a species separately like have the Canine product in one and Reptiles in a separate listing, but it would be greatly appreciated if they all would be listed in a full bundle as well. Sorry if this sounds demanding, I'm just picky and have been looking for a long time for something like this. Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Others agree with you and hae made similar requests. Daresay, they prolly should not be on the gen 8 rig, but rather their own unique models that are separate. An issue I see is when we try and force the g8 rig into these model types we end up with a lot of uncanny valley content.

No one really offers anthro characters. I wish we had a modular anthro rig to work with.

• The problem with unique models is the fact that there would be little to no additional support or products avalible for them. For example, i have a bunch of clothing, props, and additional morphs that would go great with anthro characters. I don't want to mess with the hassle of trying to fit a shirt made for Akio 8 onto a custom rig. Not to mention if I wanted the body shape to be different. With Gen 8, there are a lot of choices to choose from to create your own character. Also, in case someone wanted to place a human character next to a anthro one, it wouldn't look quite right for to have two vastly different anatomies so close.
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I'd like to see something with the sheer breadth of options in the original Melody/Micah figures (based on Aiko3/Hiro3) with all the various critter morphs and texture sets. A lot of them were originally at RDNA, and I don't think all of them came across to DAZ when RDNA closed. I've had fun playing with them over the years, but the clothes range is a bit limited — I'd like to try some more recent outfits on them. That said, I have had variable success getting some older Optitex dynamic cloth to fit (with the aid of a crowbar and lots of vaseline).

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I'd like to see something with the sheer breadth of options in the original Melody/Micah figures (based on Aiko3/Hiro3) with all the various critter morphs and texture sets. A lot of them were originally at RDNA, and I don't think all of them came across to DAZ when RDNA closed. I've had fun playing with them over the years, but the clothes range is a bit limited — I'd like to try some more recent outfits on them. That said, I have had variable success getting some older Optitex dynamic cloth to fit (with the aid of a crowbar and lots of vaseline).

Can't you just take the melody head and put it on the Gemnesis 8 figure with Autofit from V4?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    RKane_1 said:

Can't you just take the melody head and put it on the Gemnesis 8 figure with Autofit from V4?

That would be easy enough. What's less straightforward is the body textures, I don't think there's any easy way to transfer a Generation 3 texture set onto G8F/M. If there's a transfer utility that goes back past Gen4, I've missed it.

• there are a few sets that have some of the things you are looking at. Style for anthros varies a lot ..  some like the big headed toons, and some very realistic. So I don't think any artist is going to be able to make a single kit that will cover allt he ground and be able to amake it worth their time.

That being said .. Check out the various sets for G8.  You  can take parts of Catgirl, Thistle, HFS shapes, my rabbit morph peices, all of Rawn's various critters...  

LM

• If you are on the hunt for Anthro character options please check out https://www.daz3d.com/foxy-lady-with-dforce-hair-for-genesis-8-female and https://www.daz3d.com/catgirl-megapack-for-genesis-8-female-s

I purchased both and are very happy with the results.

• My big problem is most of the kits people do make for anthros and aliens are always monogendered.

• My big problem is most of the kits people do make for anthros and aliens are always monogendered.

One of the reasons why I loved the first Genesis characters...you could play with the Male/Female option for any character. Some definitely more successful but options nonetheless.

One of the reasons why I loved the first Genesis characters...you could play with the Male/Female option for any character. Some definitely more successful but options nonetheless.

Agreed.

IMHO Every genesis after the first is just using the name... they're all just more Micheal and Victroia.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

One issue with aliens is that while it's not very hard transferring a morph from one gender to the other, most exotic figures require a lot of JCMs (Oolong was nuts with it). So doing two genders requires transferring the morph then making a dozen or three additional JCMs to get things working.

Though going forward I'm going to try to make sure my anthros and aliens have both genders.

Another option that can be a serviceable middle ground is making a cross-gender morph. It's not 100% ideal, but it's particularly useful if the figure has any geograft (so you don't ALSO have to create a second set of geografts for the other gender)