daz installer feature

squirrelysquirrely Posts: 159
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

hi daz,

with all the stuff i've bought it's starting to become hard to remember what i got already
it'd be great if the daz installer along with the content files downloads the promo images of the product and puts them in a directory where there easy to find
maybe sorted by some broad categories (characters, clothes, hair, environments, crafts (cars, bikes, ...), props, ...)
if you add this please make sure that the first time around it downloads all the promo images for all the products that are already installed

thanks
frank

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,060
    edited December 1969

With the DAZ Install Manager you can get to the readme (if there is one, but even the placeholder zzProductName ones usually have the product image) by clicking the i icon next to the product name.

• squirrelysquirrely Posts: 159
    edited December 1969

yes ... i have noticed that

but it isn't the same because older content that does not show in smart content i can't get those images for

also if i want to look for something for a new scene then i'd like to go into a directory with all the images next to each so that i can just scroll through and get a good overview
    it makes choosing easier

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Are we looking at the same thing here?

I have just loaded the DIM, and almost every entry that does not have Smart Content takes me to a page with an image of the Porduct. I am talking about the little 'i' information icon. There are very few indeed that do not take me to an image.

If you want your content arranged as Figures or by Type or in a format of your own choosing, then the only way to do that is by using Categories. This does not move installed content at all, but provides a database of all of your content in any order that you prefer. I have mine done as Figures, then Gen3, Gen 4, Genesis, Genesis 2, and under each of them, Characters and Poses and Textures etc. You can save the information once you have settled on a method, and the information will never be lost, and it can be added to as time permits.