Daventaki's Den-Renders and Reviews

DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
edited July 2021 in Art Studio

Hello! 

A bit about me;  I have been in the Poser world for many years now. I was gone for awhile with real life getting in the way and putting my self through college.  I have recently came back and started using Daz Studio because of the Genesis 8 figures and feel like I am learning everything new.  I still have a Poser license so you might see some from that but I think most will be in Daz Studio since it seems to render so much faster for me even with the higher settings.  (This could possiblely be user error as I have yet to learn superfly rendering either)  And I seem to get better results and understand the materials settings better. 

This will be my first render here.  It is a the new Raven with Celeste morphs, Voss Hair and the Gothy Punk outfit.  I tend to do alot of these because I like to get a feel of what I have purchased.  This image has also been edited with Topaz Studio 2 something that I recently learning about (Thank you Artini!).  Original image has also been attached.

ComeGetMeSSS1.jpg
1504 x 1055 - 895K
ComeGetMeSSS1edited.jpg
1504 x 1055 - 1M
Post edited by Daventaki on

Comments

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited October 2019

Strand based hair play, yep its extra fuzzy have been trying to fix it with not much luck.  *If image size is to big please let me know*

Full Size:

SBH#2Render.jpg
    942 x 1001 - 620K

Elven Princess

Click for larger:

ElvenPrincess2019.jpg
    1163 x 1001 - 774K

Todays Render

Click for larger image

AttheBusstop2019.jpg
    1477 x 1055 - 1M

WIP-Character created by me.  Trying to figure out how to do my own lighting and not be so dependant on premade lighting.

Critiques welcome

Character.jpg
    1483 x 1055 - 513K
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    Daventaki said:

WIP-Character created by me.  Trying to figure out how to do my own lighting and not be so dependant on premade lighting.

Critiques welcome

What have you got for lights here? My initial thought is that this is flat. There's too much light.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Daventaki said:

Critiques welcome

What have you got for lights here? My initial thought is that this is flat. There's too much light.

I agree with @evilded777 it is a bit too flat no dramatics at all!!

maybe you should cut out some of the lights and maybe put a spotlight in behind and above her!

@evilded777 and @Saphirewild Thank you both for your comments.

Two spotlights, one nearly directly in front and one to her right both set at retangle lumen 10000 and 15000.  Rim light in the back right which im thinking you cant even see...   Have been working on my contest entry this month so will get back to this soon.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I noticed the rim light, quite nice, and the way it hits the thigh. I like the dark along the top of the thigh which contrasts with the midsection. 

Play a bit with the Tone Mapping section, and fiddle with Crush Blacks and Burn Highlights. You can make the highlights a tight cluster, etc.  One thing you may not know- normally in the viewport, cameras are just that. If you select the Photometric Spotlight you used (say Light 1) IN SCENE,  then in the dropdown for CAMERAS (at the top of your viewport) and select Light 1, YOUR VIEW BECOMES THE LIGHT. However you move your view around the viewport with the camera, that light beam will point that way. 

Posed2019TM.jpg
    826 x 1330 - 644K

Monthly Challenge: Atmospere entries

Ive been lazy keeping this thread up to date.  So I thought I would post this here.

Ive been eyeballing Xandra by ColorGaleria for awhile and am glad I finally did.  She is cute.  I still dont really like her big eyes but I wanted this first render to be straight out of the box.  She have several makeup options.  I will post more of her in the near future. 

Gili Hair is a cute hairstyle I picked up recently with the Rendo sale.  Biscuits has several cute hairstyles over there.  Gili hair has 3 different styles and several different shaping morphs plus different colors. I used Hinky's Hair Salon Shaders for the hair color because I wanted the multi-tone glitterly look.

Lights are by Sveva over at Rendo also. Believe they are called Intensity but that might be wrong (when I get a chance I will look). Great set with many options, even if I dont use the complete set I often use different parts of the set. (I have a couple of Sveva's sets)

Unique Fabric Shaders by ArtCollab- Ive said it before and not ashamed to say it again I love this set!  Many combinations to choose from!

The shirt is from Everyday 2 by Aeon Soul-I have many clothing items from them and they never fail to be highly detailed!  Love thier stuff!!

Xandra1.jpg
    1729 x 1564 - 2M
    edited March 2020

Still Xandra but I did decrease her eyes by like -38%.  I did use an eye color from Fable by MDD to see what the difference in shaders looked like.

Mila Hair by Biscuits at Rendo very cute I did not realize that the creater suggests bumping the geometry up to subD.  Sure helps to read the readmes......

Top is Peppery Sweater by nirvy. With textures from the above mentioned Unique Shaders by ArtCollab.  I wanted something closer to matching her makeup.

Second render is a more natural makeup option.

Third is no makeup.  She does have no brow options with her makeups also.

Xandra12.jpg
    1729 x 1564 - 4M
    Xandra121.png
    2000 x 1569 - 6M
    Xandra120.jpg
    1729 x 1564 - 4M

I like her teeth and smile. Looking back at that November render, that lighting really shows the material details. Very nicely done!

edited March 2020

Jonathan 8 I really like him and his skin looks good to me.  I did do some tweaks in the image editor for color and sharpening. 

Corporate Hair is really nice, it has a lot more options then I was expecting.  Only thing I had trouble with was the colors everything was rendering lighter then the hair color in the thumbnails. 

Boss Pro light set-awesome as always

Monte Carlo Suit- its ok for what I used it for. Did not like the textures but I did leave the texture on the shirt and bow.  The collar on the shirt and jacket are just not right..... Among other issues.

I want to post here my trials and tribulations on importing an object from another site thats not already set up for Daz Studio.  I will forwarn you that I by no means know what I am doing!! So this is a stumble and fall then get up and try it again posting LOL.  I will describe my steps to get my desired outcome, which at this point I have not reached but hopefully I will figure it out.

First off I seen a gorgeous render by Barbult in the Ultrascenery thread with a nice gazebo type pier.  Instead of just asking I went head first into a search an couldn't find the darn thing at the two biggest sites (wasn't using the right term "pier" tried everything else though!)  so I decided to try a general google search.  During this search I found this lovely Wooden Arbor Pavilion that I decided I just had to have.  Now this pavillion was made in Max and has different file formats available.  So I proceed to order said pavilion and download it thinking it would be fairly easy to import it.  NOT!

When I originally imported the OBJ file into DS I got nothing!  It was blank! What? Never had that problem before!  Well the pavilion showed it was in the scene so I clicked on it then hit the View Frame button, nope still nothing so I went and looked at textures and Cutout was 0. Ok I thought that will fix it......  Nope was huge!!   So I work to scale it down:

Yep you see what I got!  I could not translate or zoom the camera or the object. I was able to rotate it and change materials on some of the objects.  Hmmmm so I search and watched videos that just were not really helpful with my issues. So in the mean time I decide to try to open the FBX file thats included thinking it might be better!   Yeah,,,, nope..:

While it was nicer because everything was movable separately it was going to be a nightmare trying to get everything to line back up where it was suppose to be.. Drats!

I decided to reach out for help...  A very sweet lady Catherine3678ab said to scale it down, move it to floor export and reimport and a few other things; you can read the thread here.  Unfortunately that didn't work completely.  She also had suggested to import into Hexagon and export back out, while I have very tiny tiny experience with Blender I have even less with Hexagon....  So I decided surely I have figure this out!

Yeah!!!  So its all one piece and some of the objects are not separate but its progress!  I got it into DS by importing the FBX into Blender and exporting an object file.  Happy Dance!!!

Mostly Textured:

So I was happy at this point!!  Mostly.... Lol

help!.png
    1395 x 1023 - 766K
    fbx.jpg
    1395 x 1023 - 667K
    pavilionworking!.jpg
    1884 x 1023 - 720K
    paviliongettingthere.jpg
    1884 x 1023 - 1M
    edited April 2020

Then I realized it was only 1 piece and while I was ok with that I wanted to be able to remove parts or if I decided to I could kitbash it.  I knew there had to be a way.  I tried various methods of import/export both files into DS into Blender back out and so one and so forth.  Finally realized maybe I was not exporting correctly and decided to watch a few videos on exporting from Blender and low and behold I was checkmarking stuff that didn't need to be checked!  Dang! So I exported the original Blender file that I had saved since it had been mostly a success.  It had been made from the FBX file.  Then I exported it correctly and it worked!!  I have decided at this point that at least from my febile mindset that the obj file included is messed up....

So I have 2 working copies now saved out as Scene Assets (nothing else kept the separated items). Now its not perfect and this is what I meant by working with it further but now I have a headache LOL.

Each and every piece is seperate not just in the surfaces but also in the scene tab:

I have renamed all the seperate areas so that I know what they are.  They were originally all pavilion 01, pavilion 02 etc. There are still some there because I do not know for sure what they do.....   At this stage its kinda a pain to texture but I have run into other products that do the same thing.  In other words I can't just click the object in the scene tab, I also have to click on the object in the surfaces tab even though its only 1 single surface.

And last but not least the at this moment finished product because it does need some texture tweaks but oh i am just to brain tired right now!

scenetab.jpg
    496 x 890 - 209K
    SittinginthePavilion.jpg
    1640 x 1023 - 1M
    edited June 2020

Taking a peak back in this thread I remind myself I haven not finished that image!  Goodness.

Review:

Daenestra by Jessaii- Is just beautiful.  Shes got a darker skin tone that renders wonderfully and several make up  options.  She comes with fibermesh eyebrows with a couple of color options but I found it really easy to quickly match the hair color (see close up).  She also comes with elf ears and nail color options.  I love her freckles.  She comes with a no makeup option and it does not have any kind of blush on it; she has two blush options available though I did not try them out.

Noa Hair by Biscuits-  This is a great hair to add to your runtime.  It drapes with with multiple options to get to lay the way you want. It has multiple morphs to style and adjust if needed. The hair comes with multiple color options and it also comes with multiple transparencys that will also give different looks to the hair. My only issue with the hair was on this pose trying to do the curls did not look right no matter what I did.  The curls made random hair ends go in strange positions.

Gown of Fantasy by OOT- I will say I was on the fence about this one. I don't particularly care for the collar on it although I did try to leave it for this render but the hair just fell through it instead of laying on it so I turned it off via the surface tab.  The textures are gorgeous and high detail. When I originally tried to use the dress I did have some issues see this thread but I think some of it was because I was in to much hurry.  I really like the way it drapped in this image although I was going for a more trailing look like she had taken a step, I didn't rerun the sim because I liked how it draped.  the only adjust I had to make was the bust was poking through the lace on the neck collar easily fixed with the adj chest morph on the collar.

Daenestra for Angharad 8       Biscuits Noa Hair      Gown of Fantasy for G8F          

DaenestraDance20201.jpg
    1016 x 1016 - 1M

Sometimes you find yourself with the most unlikely of friends.

Daventaki said:

Daenestra by Jessaii- Is just beautiful. 

I'm surfing back through threads and wanted to check in on you. Although this one is back earlier this summer, wanted to complement you on the lighting. It's beautiful! Would love to see you do more character renders, very nicely done! :)  I agree about this character, I've featured her too and she is a really nice character.

edited October 2020
    Novica said:
    Daventaki said:

Daenestra by Jessaii- Is just beautiful. 

I'm surfing back through threads and wanted to check in on you. Although this one is back earlier this summer, wanted to complement you on the lighting. It's beautiful! Would love to see you do more character renders, very nicely done! :)  I agree about this character, I've featured her too and she is a really nice character.

Thank you!  Ive been around but keep my nose in DS mostly lol playing with all the new toys!! Plus I have dabbled some in learning with Blender but nothing that ive felt confident in posting but I did post my donut in the Blender form, simple object but was oh so proud of it lol.  I have done some more recent character renders but I posted them in the gallery.  I wish there was a way to post images on different places all in one click lol.  I have to many accounts...... (my own fault I know) 

edited November 2020

Since the gallery is down will throw my most recent renders here.  Meet my Pretties was suppose to be a Halloween render but I was having computer issues.  Wedding Day has been a WIP for many months now. SciFi Millawa was done today.  Will come back later and put links to products used.

11/2020  Meet my Pretties:

Aibell G8F   Demon Dog HD   Headless Horseman Pumpkin   Instant Grass

All Hallows Eve Slime Trees     All Hallows Spooky Tree Stumps and Mushrooms

Outfit: XF Doctor Skeleton Coat  Mystique Corset  Lethal Rogue Pants  Rogue Raven Bodysuit (Rendo)  Black Dawn Boots  Demon Bride Headdress (Rendo)  Delphi Hair 

Bijoux Hautee Jewelry (Rendo)

8/2020  Wedding Day

11/2020 SciFi Millawa

Millawa HD   Kelly Hair  Elysium Set  Psy-Dagger Outfit

MeetmyPretties112020TM.jpg
    2010 x 1286 - 3M
    SciFiMillawa112020TM.jpg
    2510 x 1536 - 3M
    WeddingDayTM82020.jpg
    2026 x 1109 - 3M
    edited November 2020
    Dance112020TM.jpg
    1244 x 2008 - 2M
    Dance2112020TM.jpg
    1244 x 2008 - 2M

Ooooh I like both views of Dance. That lighting is perfect! Full of energy.

edited November 2020

Starlette for G8F (Rendo)  Lumino Wings for G8F (Rendo)   Morrigan Outfit for G3F   Moshi the Kitten   Zahara Hair 2 with Expansion       Background and lighting combination of Theory of Light products by Fabiana (Rendo)

Starlette112020TM.jpg
    1882 x 3028 - 2M
    edited November 2020

Drutherson 8  HD             dForce Evergreens Outfit              Christmas Eve              Christmas Toys of Yesteryear        Christmas Chaos Props              101 Expression Library

I wasn't really sure about Drutherson but I really like him.  Didn't know what in the world would I do with a gnome or even a little person but I think he is cute and does very well with expressions.   Different can see myself mixing him with other characters and/or using his textures for others.  Expression is from 101 Expression Library for G8M it was my first time using it and works well but I did tone down the expression some cause it was just too much at full strength. 

The Evergreens outfit is cute and can use various pieces seperately I did not use dforce here because I didn't want to fool with it to be honesty but I think it looks fine without.  I did have to use Mesh Grabber around the ears because the fur was polking through them.  Will post more if I decide to put it through and test it more throughly.

Christmas Eve is a living room dining room combo.  I did not check the doors to see if they open.  It does come with camera and light presets.  I took the packages off the cabinet in the picture and put them on the floor then placed the sleigh and nutcracker up there.  The sleigh and mailbox is from Christmas Chaos Props but the nutcracker is by HolbeinC which has either been removed or was a limited time freebie, I guess.  (I could't find it in the store)  The tricycle is from Christmas Toys of Yesterday; cute toy set.  I had to scale it down though cause it was to big when I put it in the scene. Petals rotate just like they would on a real tricycle.

• Daventaki said:

Drutherson 8  HD             dForce Evergreens Outfit              Christmas Eve              Christmas Toys of Yesteryear        Christmas Chaos Props              101 Expression Library

I wasn't really sure about Drutherson but I really like him.  Didn't know what in the world would I do with a gnome or even a little person but I think he is cute and does very well with expressions.   Different can see myself mixing him with other characters and/or using his textures for others.  Expression is from 101 Expression Library for G8M it was my first time using it and works well but I did tone down the expression some cause it was just too much at full strength. 

The Evergreens outfit is cute and can use various pieces seperately I did not use dforce here because I didn't want to fool with it to be honesty but I think it looks fine without.  I did have to use Mesh Grabber around the ears because the fur was polking through them.  Will post more if I decide to put it through and test it more throughly.

Christmas Eve is a living room dining room combo.  I did not check the doors to see if they open.  It does come with camera and light presets.  I took the packages off the cabinet in the picture and put them on the floor then placed the sleigh and nutcracker up there.  The sleigh and mailbox is from Christmas Chaos Props but the nutcracker is by HolbeinC which has either been removed or was a limited time freebie, I guess.  (I could't find it in the store)  The tricycle is from Christmas Toys of Yesterday; cute toy set.  I had to scale it down though cause it was to big when I put it in the scene. Petals rotate just like they would on a real tricycle.

I Love this render!!!  Thank you for doing this!!

Topsy 8 HD   Evergreen Outfit   Addon Textures   Cake One lights

edited December 2020

Orla Fae Bundle    She is to cute but I could not render with the hair on both figures, kept dropping straight to CPU.

FairyChore122020TM.jpg
    2526 x 1687 - 5M