Tried to use "Send to DAZ studio"

stanbrochstanbroch Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I tried to use the selection in Bryce: Send to DAZ Studio

The Studio Bridge dialog box open: Choose version of Studio Bridge to run.

But this did not have a drop-down list. It just had the open option: Choose Studio

But there were no Sudios to choose from.

I click on the check mark and got the message: Error launching DAZ/studio

I looked for some way to input a path but could not find how to change the settings.

I would like to create a scene in Bryce and send it for use in DAZ.

How do I do it?
Thanks for your help
Stan

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What versions of Bryce and Studio?

What operating system?

Are they installed in default or custom locations?

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

stanbroch said:

But this did not have a drop-down list. It just had the open option: Choose Studio

But there were no Sudios to choose from.

I click on the check mark and got the message: Error launching DAZ/studio

I looked for some way to input a path but could not find how to change the settings.

I would like to create a scene in Bryce and send it for use in DAZ.

How do I do it?
    Thanks for your help
    Stan

To use things from Bryce in DS can be very tricky. The bridge is more suited to sending things in the other direction. That being said however, there are ways to export things from Bryce...

It's not what I would suggest is beginners stuff, but if you are passingly familiar with Bryce then you might find these export video's helpful. They are for going from Bryce to Octane, but the principle is the same, just the importer and setup in DS is somewhat different.

Bryce to Octane - Island scene conversion - part 1 - by David Brinnen
    Bryce to Octane - Island scene conversion - part 2 - by David Brinnen
    Bryce to Octane - Island scene conversion - part 3 - by David Brinnen
    Bryce to Octane - Island scene conversion - part 4 - by David Brinnen
    Bryce to Octane - Island scene conversion - part 5 - by David Brinnen

Bryce to Octane - Another Islands (two) scene conversion - by David Brinnen

The final video is a condensed version of the first five. If you just want to cut to the chase rather than follow the process of discovery.

• stanbrochstanbroch Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just downloaded and installed Bryce so it is the latest version. Bryce pro 7.1. I am also new so I am using the Daz 4.7 on Windows version 7.
    I just started using Bryce today so I am just starting.

Would it be easier to send Bryce to Poser?

I make film clips and want better and more varied environments. Bryce seems to make great visages but the problem is how do I use them in clips with images that tell a story.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

i always bring my figures into Bryce. But then I only do images. Bryce has much better render engines. I have been using Bryce to render my Poser scenes ever since I first got Poser.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

stanbroch said:
    I just downloaded and installed Bryce so it is the latest version. Bryce pro 7.1. I am also new so I am using the Daz 4.7 on Windows version 7.
    I just started using Bryce today so I am just starting.

Would it be easier to send Bryce to Poser?

I make film clips and want better and more varied environments. Bryce seems to make great visages but the problem is how do I use them in clips with images that tell a story.

Daz 4.7, are you sure because the latest version approved for release is still 4.6 if I'm not mistaken. If you are working with a beta of 4.7, it could explain the problem.

• leo04leo04 Posts: 322
    edited April 2014

I am having the problem of sending from Bryce to DAZ 4.6 as well.
    You mentioned that Studio opened and then ask for the Bridge...I don't see that at all. Is there a Bridge from Bryce to Studio that I need to download?
    Thanks.

Post edited by leo04 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,283
    edited April 2014

@leo - the bridges come with Bryce and Studio. There is nothing additional. Select an object in your scene and click on the DAZ thumbnail on the Create shelf. If you have more than one Studio installed (as I have), you will get a choice which one you want to start. If there's only one, Studio starts directly.

I never had any issues though I still have Studio 2.3 for Bryce 5.5, 3 for Bryce 6.1/6.3 and 4.7 for Bryce 7.1. Issues I experience are due to the bridges that are not really fully and flawlessly implemented.

DSbridge.jpg
    483 x 537 - 41K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • leo04leo04 Posts: 322
    edited December 1969

Thanks got as far as selecting objects then clicking the icon the next thing was this image...
    See attached....

Thanks

2014-05-03_122454.png
    1605 x 865 - 326K