Not enough Cool Gothic or Scifi Horror Themed Stuff..

CyberdeneCyberdene Posts: 72
edited October 2019 in Product Suggestions

What I'd like to see is more Gothic Themed stuff, not the Gorean themed environments that DM makes...I don't like those. I want something more like the Gothic Themed Environments you usually see in stuff like Lord Of The Rings. The recent one is

https://www.daz3d.com/dark-tower

Why aren't their more buildings like this being made? I was hoping that product had a full set to it but it didn't. Another thing I'd like to see more of is actual true horror like monster figures. Too much fantasy not enough creatures that would scare even the bravest man on earth type monsters.

There are too many that look like zombies, but nothing that would help me produce that Silent Hill like look. There don't seem to be enough horror or gothic themed content being made in general. With that said, I'd just like to see someone think out of the box the way stone mason does with all the sci fi buildings he creates. I desperately need Gothic Environments like large Towers, Castles, Churches, Cathedrals, buildings. More monsters that actually look much more intmidating than Zombies, and Wolf Men or large apes for sure would gladly be even more appreciated.  Another thing that's lacking is androids, cyborgs, robots, mechs...That type of stuff is necessary to have for 3D artist like myself who sadly can't produce it ourselves lol. As a story driven artist I'd love to support the vendor that could create stuff close to these things. They would truly make those theme renders stand out. I just provided some examples of what I'm interested in in terms of similiaries.

3.jpg37f9b13c-85a0-482b-82c6-84574dcfd585Zoom.jpg
1200 x 900 - 917K
1.jpg2e58fa93-592b-4108-9df3-cd794962790aZoom.jpg
1300 x 975 - 1M
rigging-animation-model_0.jpg
1066 x 800 - 169K
4.jpg3fde2522-36ee-4d1b-90f0-5a8242432c6cZoom.jpg
2048 x 2048 - 2M
1.jpge6d71be6-9b0a-4a21-97fc-c4bfaedf4314Zoom.jpg
1200 x 1200 - 690K
railwaygun800mmgustav1a2.jpg75F95450-11BB-4B85-9916-6AEF3C4383D7Zoom.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 456K
Post edited by Cyberdene on

Comments

• I pretty much insta-buy monsters, even ones built on the g8 chassis, which I otherwise don't use.  Architecturally, I think there are lots of cathedrals/churches and whatnot.  However, I'd love to see something more like the Sedlec Ossuary

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedlec_Ossuary,

or ruined churches

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/24/article-0-1D4FAB1300000578-408_964x630.jpg

or over-the-top settings

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/80/08/14/80081404b9b34558b82a13920c744b78.jpg

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

I'd welcome more of all the things you suggest, but in the meantime, I think you can find quite a lot of stuff already in the store.

For Gothic buildings, you might want to take a look at Jack Tomalin's creations; they're mostly smaller structures, but many of them are Gothic or Gothic-adjacent (in the general, rather than strictly architectural sense). For larger structures, there's Faveral and Merlin Studios and Aako and this Cathedral, and probably more besides.

On the monster front, Herschel Hoffmeyer has some pretty impressive beasties, such as the Ravager Drone and the Death Stalker (plus a few others, but those are the ones that I think come closest to the aesthetic you want). Some of Valandar's critters might also hit the spot: even some of the older ones look pretty good when retextured with appropriate Iray shaders. You might also find some stuff you like in Sixus's store. Josh Crockett does some great monsters, although they're mostly humanoid (incidentally, I think Josh has recently sold a number of his models to DAZ, so they're now listed as DAZ Originals; a search for aliens turns up some that I believe he originally made). Jolab1985 is also worth a look, and you might like this horrifying quadruped (if I'm not mistaken, that looks like Josh's style).

For robots and mechs, may I suggest DZFire and Stonemason? Stonemason's offerings are a bit buried among the buildings, but you'll want to check out his Prototype and Mech 2012 Enforcer, among others.

• andrushuk1andrushuk1 Posts: 342
    edited October 2019

I totaly agree Not enough Cool Gothic or Scifi Horror Themed Stuff or just plain old creepy stuff . BTW i love the second image  Misselthwaite has posted something like that would be a cool asset  but with more rooms and exterior for it would be even better , with the product or seperate   I also should say that i myself like Zombies there are alot of cool ones here but the problem is that there are NO victums, people with chunks of flesh bitten/ripped off of them limbs torn from their torso ,guts hanging out/being pulled out the people being half eaten  you get the idea like from zombie movies/shows---ya, i like Horror :)

Post edited by andrushuk1 on
  • Totally agree! Give us high gothic ruins, and more! Ive bought up tons of it, and am always on the look out for more!

don't forget victorian building options with gothic iray color options :D

• SWTriumSWTrium Posts: 23

I just happened by this thread and I want to add that I have some Gen8 based horrifying freaky characters and add-ons (like geografts used to create kinds of monsters that I call spider-mouths and split heads). Most are somewhere between the mesh finalization phase and texturing phase but without the Daz HD plugin I am forced to render them out in other softwares (mainly that software that reminds you of a Mixer).

But I'll be posting some images of those characters when they are finished and preferably in full gory, monstrous action :)

• You could also look at Sketchfab and similar sites for the right building or interior, and add the right lighting & atmosphere afterwards, whether via an Iray add-on or Shoppe of Photo. Sometimes, like with a lot of other things in art, you often need to 'look at a problem from the other side', rather than 'demanding', however nicely, that someone makes what you want.

I'm pretty sure I've seen something like both of those two buildings, but without the fog/night scene stuff.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

Maybe some of my stuff?

• Make your own monsters :-)  That's why I think there's so many tentacle sets for sale ;-)  Here I used eyeballs, though.  Although, we could use some meaty eyeballs, with nerve ends dangling.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/881721/