Has any vendor ever made a mink coat or a boa?

Has any vendor ever made a mink coat or a boa?

Pretty common ideas- I would think.

Seems like they would be incredibly useful for pin ups and more.

The 'boa' is like a minks scarf or feathery kind of neck wrap - Jesse the Body Ventura (the wrestler) used to have one.

Ric Flair (the wrestler) used to have a robe that had a boa-like collar.

That texture or shader, should be popular -

Marilyn Monroe wore mink coats.

A store search turned up nothing.

Very surprised.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

And when was the last time you saw somebody sashaying down the high Street wearing a Mink Coat?    Mink coats are so Last Century

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    Chohole said:

And when was the last time you saw somebody sashaying down the high Street wearing a Mink Coat?    Mink coats are so Last Century

You don't see a lot of people wearing plate mail these days either, but the store is still lousy with that.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    Chohole said:

It's really hard to tell from a 3D render if it's natural fur or faux fur.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

If you google "mink coat" you tons of modern references and pictures.

Strangely, there are mostly the men wearing them.

With all the vintage and past era products available, minks seem like a missed opportunity.

If someone nails the feathery look/texture, I think it would do well.....

I mean, there are PLENTY of weird items in the store, some very old.

Chinchilla fur is actually a thing.

Chinchilla fur is actually a thing.

I don't think anybody's problem with mink coats was that they were made specifically of minks.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575

The only ones I know of are pretty old

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I can remember being really excited when I was a kid because the Queen was coming to visit our school and meet some of the people who had got flooded out in the big storm. We were all given little union jack flags to wave when the queen arrived,   I stood there waiting and waiting and the only person who turned up was a young lady in a mink coat.  No crown,  no velvet robes   just a fur coat and carrying a hand bag.

I did get to see her on telly about 4 months later when she got crowned,  and she did have proper queen clothes on then and they gave her a crown

Chohole said:

I can remember being really excited when I was a kid because the Queen was coming to visit our school and meet some of the people who had got flooded out in the big storm. We were all given little union jack flags to wave when the queen arrived,   I stood there waiting and waiting and the only person who turned up was a young lady in a mink coat.  No crown,  no velvet robes   just a fur coat and carrying a hand bag.

I did get to see her on telly about 4 months later when she got crowned,  and she did have proper queen clothes on then and they gave her a crown

It would be nice if there were a model of the young ER.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Only boa I've ever seen in the store here is this one from RDNA, but it's a really old product: https://www.daz3d.com/boalicious-poseable-feather-boa-superpack

There's a more recent one available at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/savll-feather-dreams/103441/

That Rendo one looks crazy. Wow, better than I thought someone could create.

I wonder if Fur Shaders are the next logical step.

edited October 2019

Wouldn't it be possible to make a fur stole with Strand-Based Hair and some kind of articulated IK "tube" or even the Morphing Python that's already rigged?  There's also Sickleyield's Constrictor.  That one has a pose set made for it at Rendo.

I don't know much first-hand about SBH, but I have a prop with SBH on it, so one could possibly take a suitable garment and grow hair on it?

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • Leana said:

Only boa I've ever seen in the store here is this one from RDNA, but it's a really old product: https://www.daz3d.com/boalicious-poseable-feather-boa-superpack

There's a more recent one available at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/savll-feather-dreams/103441/

Oooh! Thanks, I don't know how I missed that!  Wishlisted...

edited October 2019

This is the result of a few minutes with the SBH editor.  If someone who had used SBH before, and had a clue tried it, I'm sure they could make something decent looking.

Furry Blazer.png
    2100 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • ExeterExeter Posts: 65

Be patient.

Okay, let's cook. Great work though. 

Thanks for the responses.

laugh You knew it was live before I did!

Exeter said:

That coat turned out nice.  Is it possible to vary the underlying texture to add a pattern?

Sevrin said:

Exeter said:

That coat turned out nice.  Is it possible to vary the underlying texture to add a pattern?

The hair density on these coats is higher than I used for the Neolithic stuff, mainly to make them look more lush. That really decreased the impact of the coat texture. Painting on two contrasting SBH may be a more reliable approach. I've experimented with that a little, but I haven't had time to really dig into it. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Nice work Exeter!! yes

• ViallyVially Posts: 343

Well gee... could Hairy dForce pelts be far behind?

Actually, I made the hairy dForce pelts as Neolithic clothing first. They're over at Rendo, too.