Reorganizing Morph Packages After Release - Could We, Like, Not?

Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471

This is the second time I've had to deal with this, and it's beginning to irritate the fire out of me.

Apparently, there's been an update to the Genesis legacy morph packages for G2M.

I just tried to load a G2M character for whom I'd spent about an hour on the dials a few days ago. Now the load fails. I can't find CTRLGenesis1.dsf, FBMGenesisBody.dsf, and several others.

I have no idea what my final dial settings were on this character. I only know that he no longer looks remotely like he did when I stored him.

This is entirely not cool, and either it needs to stop or DAZ needs to engineer some type of automatic remap which gets incorporated into these updates.

This is reaching into someone else's production environment and making unannounced and unapproved changes without a backup plan.

I repeat: Not. Cool.

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited January 2014

Appears the morph folder has been reorganized with the update:

Originally: Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\DAZ 3D\GenesisLgcy\
    Changed to: Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\Slosh\GenesisLgcy\

A quick fix would be to edit your character's .duf file with the changed path in a text editor with search/replace, assuming there was no change to the morph file names or their existence.

Edit: If the .duf file is compressed, you can uncompress it using the Batch Convert tab. Windows>Panes (Tabs)>Batch Convert. As a precaution, be sure to edit a copy of the file.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Appears the morph folder has been reorganized with the update:

Originally: Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\DAZ 3D\GenesisLgcy\
    Changed to: Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\Slosh\GenesisLgcy\

A quick fix would be to edit your character's .duf file with the changed path in a text editor with search/replace, assuming there was no change to the morph file names or their existence.

Edit: If the .duf file is compressed, you can uncompress it using the Batch Convert tab. Windows>Panes (Tabs)>Batch Convert. As a precaution, be sure to edit a copy of the file.

Lindsey, you're a genius. Thank you!