Terran Fleet install error

bobbileebobbilee Posts: 1
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello
I bought the Terran Fleet bundle. It down loaded but when installing it came up with this message:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Terran Fleet" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

I don't have any idea what this means. I then downloaded it the manually and I think it did but don't know where to find it in Daz 3d or Bryce 7 or Bryce 7 Pro
Help please
Bobbi-Lee Hunt

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

bobbilee said:
    Hello
    I bought the Terran Fleet bundle. It down loaded but when installing it came up with this message:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Terran Fleet" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

I don't have any idea what this means. I then downloaded it the manually and I think it did but don't know where to find it in Daz 3d or Bryce 7 or Bryce 7 Pro
    Help please
    Bobbi-Lee Hunt

the info you need is here -
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/userguide/start

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

If you were going to 'pose' them (the guns and other components are poseable), then you'd need to look into the path for Daz Studio (or Poser) not Bryce.

If you are simply going to import them 'as is' into Bryce, then you first need to check that the models come as an .obj file.
    The manual download you did will have placed a file (probably zipped) into the location your web browser is set to save downloads.
    Locate the zipped file and unzip it, then search through the nested folders until you find the .obj files (just to check which folder they are in), make a note of where the folder is.
    Now open Bryce and in the file menu, chose "import object". Navigate to folder where the .obj files are and you're good to go.

Hope this helps.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2014

Terran fleet appears to be a Bryce only product according to the Product page.

Check Horo's PDF to check where to install content into Bryce, if you use the manual method.
    http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

If you use DIM then you must indeed point it to the path where you have Bryce 7 installed.

A couple of screen shots. THese were done by someone who doesn't have bryce installed, but subsitute Bryce for the DS and point it to where your Bryce is installed

IMG_21012014_105517.png
    551 x 516 - 44K
    IMG_21012014_105141.png
    366 x 186 - 19K
    Post edited by Chohole on