loading bryce PRO over PLE

whippet1-2409884whippet1-2409884 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I purchased the PLE version and loaded its libraries with some objects/textures/skies etc. from my old Bryce 3......if I purchase the PRO version will all these libraries in PLE remain intact?

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

whippet1 said:
    I purchased the PLE version and loaded its libraries with some objects/textures/skies etc. from my old Bryce 3......if I purchase the PRO version will all these libraries in PLE remain intact?

yes

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

whippet1 said:

The only difference between the Pro and the PLE version is the serial number. It is important to remember that you don't have to re-install Bryce to get the Pro features working, just edit the serial number found in the Help Tab.

New installs of Bryce overwrite previous library files. it is best to move your user presets to a secure location before reinstalling. and replace them after the install has completed.

Best of luck!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,276
    edited December 1969

@whippet1 - Rahad gave you the most important tip. Save the Presets folder to another location whenever you do a new install of Bryce - the install overwrites everything. Usually, you don't need a re-install from PLE to Pro, just enter the Pro Serial to enable all options.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And when you install the pro content that comes with the Pro edition, don't allow it to overwrite the content that you already have.