G8 feet fixing ?

Hello,

i have seen some older discussion about this but i didn't find any solution yet, what is the best solution to fix G8 ugly feet ? they are flat wide and got weird crease on the sole (due to bad topology i guess)

is there any product somewhere that fixed the problem for you ?

i've seen someone on devianart that sell a good product but the morph is 50 dollars as i remember which i feel a bit expensive for just a morph.

thank you for your help !

Comments

• I use this for shapes https://www.renderhub.com/ion/real-feet-2-for-genesis-8-female

The shapes you'd like might be different though. The vendor (Ion) also has sole wrinkle textures and details that I like too.

NecroDaz sells the $50 morph, but I think him or one of his friends also made free morph utilities that help mitigate things like the sole creases.

Agree wholeheartedly otherwise, and there would be a market for improvement here. The default G8 feet are ugly potato feet. Shame.

• bjoernb78bjoernb78 Posts: 136
    edited November 2019

Same problem here. ;-)

Unfortunately the $50 g8f foot fix ist currently the best solution. You also need to know about it, that it doesn't come with sculpted sole wrinkles (no HD morph like on g3f beauty toe product). At least you get displacement maps for this and it gets free updates every once in a while. You can also dial in HD-Morphs from base figures, if you have, but this affects the whole body.
    Another solution is Liloo character https://www.daz3d.com/liloo-hd-for-genesis-3-and-8-female as she comes with a separate foot morph that can be applied to other g8f characters, but it's not the huge change as you might wish.

You also might want to have a closer look at some characters with more detailed sculpted feet like the ones from https://www.daz3d.com/bluejaunte

Post edited by bjoernb78 on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,201

you can apply the foot morphs of bluejaunte's characters to any genesis 8 female.  you just have to finesse one of the included parameters a little bit.

one of these days a PA with access to the HD tool and some anatomy chops is going to create a good HD foot morph package.  i'm just hoping that happens before we're all using genesis X figures. 

j

• NecDaz's foot fix is indeed expensive, but it's worth it if you ask me.

• For the foot shape I mix between bluejaunte's characters and other morph packages I have. For the soles I took to making my own displacement maps which I offer on Patreon (sig has links). I generally feel that G3 females had a better base shape than G8 but with all the morphs available I am usually able to make something I am happy with in the end.

• jardine said:

you can apply the foot morphs of bluejaunte's characters to any genesis 8 female.  you just have to finesse one of the included parameters a little bit.

one of these days a PA with access to the HD tool and some anatomy chops is going to create a good HD foot morph package.  i'm just hoping that happens before we're all using genesis X figures. 

j

How do you apply the bluejaunte footmorph to other G8F characters? As far as i can see in only find a seperate neutralizer morph. 

• shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
    edited November 2019
    jardine said:

j

How do you apply the bluejaunte footmorph to other G8F characters? As far as i can see in only find a seperate neutralizer morph. 

Have the G8F character in the scene that you wish to apply the morph to selected and then under the "Parameters>YOUR CHARACTER>Actor>Feet" select from one of the "BJ" neutralize options (in green) and click on the cog next to the heart/favorite icon and uncheck the "Use Limits" and hit "Accept". After this you can now move the slider below 0 so anywhere between 0 and -100% will allow you to dial in the foot shape with -100% being full foot shape.

**Edited to clarify the range should be below 0 meaning -1 to -100% not positive values**

Post edited by shaneseymourstudio on
  • jardine said:

j

Have the G8F character in the scene that you wish to apply the morph to selected and then under the "Parameters>YOUR CHARACTER>Actor>Feet" select from one of the "BJ" neutralize options (in green) and click on the cog next to the heart/favorite icon and uncheck the "Use Limits" and hit "Accept". After this you can now move the slider below 0 so anywhere between 0-100 will allow you to dial in the foot shape with -100% being full foot shape.

Thanks i did this already but the result .....is not very good there is some deformation ......not in a good way.

• I am not sure then regarding that issue. Anytime I have applied them I don't have anything that goes off the rails though it looks better on some base figures than others. Usually I mix between the different BJ characters with smaller percentages until I get what I want then dial in any other HD details and other foot morphs after. If the deformations are really bad you may consider reinstalling BJ's character(s).

• bjoernb78bjoernb78 Posts: 136
    edited November 2019
    jardine said:

j

Have the G8F character in the scene that you wish to apply the morph to selected and then under the "Parameters>YOUR CHARACTER>Actor>Feet" select from one of the "BJ" neutralize options (in green) and click on the cog next to the heart/favorite icon and uncheck the "Use Limits" and hit "Accept". After this you can now move the slider below 0 so anywhere between 0-100 will allow you to dial in the foot shape with -100% being full foot shape.

That's a great hint. Thank you!
    It works best with the basic foot shape. So if your figure already has a custom foot morph,  you might mess things up. Also make sure you dial in the "wrong" direction, as it's a removal dial you need to go -100% instead of +100%

Think I'll get some more BJ models when my purse filled up again.

Thanks to @bluejaunte for custom foot morphs. Very appreciated.

Post edited by bjoernb78 on