n/m good effort but useless

2»

Comments

• Mystarra,

They are called Left Toes and Right Toes. I've attached screen shots of the bone and also what happens in Carrara if I don't delete the bones. The weird thing it only happens after I save and reopen the file. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 6.32.28 PM.png
    936 x 1060 - 280K
    Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 6.33.00 PM.png
    850 x 1073 - 277K
    Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 6.33.25 PM.png
    1202 x 910 - 286K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i was thinkin

if carrara, poser, and ds are using the same color scheme in weight mapping
    and we found the weight value of a red vert in poser, we could conceivably
    cross reference, cross pollinate, to the value of a red vert in carrara.
    we could numerically translate a poser weight map to carrara

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Mystarra,

They are called Left Toes and Right Toes. I've attached screen shots of the bone and also what happens in Carrara if I don't delete the bones. The weird thing it only happens after I save and reopen the file. 

Yes, after saving and reopening here, too!  I also afound that I can sometimes put shoes on a G3 character is the characters are already 'posed' in the scene. EG instead of doing when they are on the t-pose... I wait til I have them posed, whether I pose manually or use a pre-pose (don't have many of those). Then the footwear seems to attach properly.  If I change the pose, then must remove footwear and re-attach.  Works best of the feet are not flat on the plane for the post. Of course these are converted blended footwear and this works if they are dufs or cars. Not noticed too much difference in their attachability for that... not sure why.

frown Silene

• Mystarra,

Yes, after saving and reopening here, too!  I also afound that I can sometimes put shoes on a G3 character is the characters are already 'posed' in the scene. EG instead of doing when they are on the t-pose... I wait til I have them posed, whether I pose manually or use a pre-pose (don't have many of those). Then the footwear seems to attach properly.  If I change the pose, then must remove footwear and re-attach.  Works best of the feet are not flat on the plane for the post. Of course these are converted blended footwear and this works if they are dufs or cars. Not noticed too much difference in their attachability for that... not sure why.

frown Silene

If I delete those two bones in Studio before bringing them into Carrara they work like they should. No more issues. I can pose, use morphs...

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Mystarra,

frown Silene

If I delete those two bones in Studio before bringing them into Carrara they work like they should. No more issues. I can pose, use morphs...

Thanks, Brian, it sounds like the perfect solution for me.  I will try that next time.  I just got my old machine up and running tonight so hope to have some time tomorrow to have a play around!  Sorry about all the typos in the last month... my Chromebook or tablet was way too small for me to type properly. Bad eyeballs... I really need surgery!

yes Silene

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thank you for the bone namessmiley