Hair in pieces for hoods and hats- multiple styles

So, we have Hats that come with a hair bit. And there are some standalone pony tail parts for the back of the head.

What would be interesting ....

Hair that comes in patches or bits. As in hair that is only a patch on the forehead to poke out beneath a baseball cap.

Hair that is just on the back neck area - with morphs to move the hair starting point higher and lower on the nape to work for skull caps and baseball caps.

---------

This could be a series that products that model the most popular hair styles in the store.

What are those?

The updo.

The pony tail and straight, longer hair.

A curly hair set.

Doesn't have to match THEM ALL, but enough to be a generic style for the character wearing a hat to have chosen.

And we'd match the shader to the original hair color/texture.

It sould sort of look like this...

Where the "cap" part is bald and that is what sits under the hat.

And the morph sliders move the hair away from the top of the head until it meets the rim of the hat.

The forehead patch could also have morphs to lower or shrink the amount of hair for the bangs.

If this needed to include props- maybe we have a vendor combo, one doing hair the other doing hats...and really go all out with the hat styles.

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Or you could try the hat helpers (which work well), as in the first three psoducts shown here: https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=hat%20helper

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Using the geometry editor to hide the hair polygons is another neat and relatively simple solution. It would be quite difficult to exactly match a wide range of hat styles even with lots of morphs and material zones. Some products similar to your image are available -Vintage male hair and Gustave for G8M have bald top hair options. Historical hair also has a hat morph. 

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Thanks Redz for the tip.

I just grabbed the one for Genesis 3 and 8.

Thanks!!!!!

Never heard of these.

Well, I guess it must be a good idea since SY already did it.

At least someone didn't show up and say it couldn't be done. lol

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

You mean a modern version of something like this: Hat Hair Props

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I had the one that's a baseball cap + Hair.

I was thinking a universal hair morph kinda thing, but SY is exactly it.