Render settings help

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

How do you adjust the render settings in Bryce, and what is the standard quality and best quality settings?

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited January 2014

Hey Kharma: click the last arrow button......Start off with it here and go from there.....Hope this helps Trish p.s. while you are fast at it we have a contest coming up the end of Feb. topic is water

r2.jpg
    144 x 423 - 36K
    ren1.jpg
    672 x 361 - 135K
    render_opt.jpg
    213 x 403 - 40K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,276
    edited December 1969

@Kharma - there is no general rule what the best quality setting is. It depends on the scene and that's why there are many options. Indeed, this is a topic we could go on about over many pages.

Usually, you would just use the default settings, that is what the Render Options screen shot shows in bullit35744's post.

Premium opens a couple of additional options like soft shadows, depth of field, true ambiance, etc. This is a different render engine and you can set the quality with the Rays per pixel. The best here is the max 256 but with each step from 4 to 256, render time doubles so you would plop render critical parts to see with what you can get away.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Thank you Bullit and Horo, I guess I was looking for a more complicated setup like in DS, this is awesome that there are no complicated settings to worry about ...at least not in the render. I am liking Bryce more and more