Adding detailed content lists to characters

Hello everyone,

What is it, that makes you hyped for a special character? For me it's the great promotional art that comes with the character on the associated store page. However, you buy the character, fire up Daz Studion and then...you're at a loss. You do have the shape, eyes and all, but you have no idea how the character from the promotional art can be re-created. I would really love to see more detailed content lists added to the characters, that explicitly tell you what additional content has been used for which promotional art, so that the character from the promo can be copied 1:1 in Studio.

Would it be possible to add such content lists to the character product? Or to the product's store page? I'd really appreciate that.

On that note, does anyone know what hair is used by Yuka 8 for Aiko 8? https://www.daz3d.com/hp-yuka-for-aiko-8

It's long hair, with some curly waves and a free right ear. I couldn't find it in the store so far.

Best regards.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    edited November 2019

This argument pops up almost every day on the forums. Listing additional content to product pages is done at the discretion of the PA (who may or may not have been the person who made the promo images), and there are a wide variety of reasons a product wouldn't be listed. It's a nice bonus when it happens, but it would be unreasonable to expect, and impossible to enforce.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    cloth1975 said:

Hello everyone,

What is it, that makes you hyped for a special character? For me it's the great promotional art that comes with the character on the associated store page. However, you buy the character, fire up Daz Studion and then...you're at a loss. You do have the shape, eyes and all, but you have no idea how the character from the promotional art can be re-created. I would really love to see more detailed content lists added to the characters, that explicitly tell you what additional content has been used for which promotional art, so that the character from the promo can be copied 1:1 in Studio.

Would it be possible to add such content lists to the character product? Or to the product's store page? I'd really appreciate that.

On that note, does anyone know what hair is used by Yuka 8 for Aiko 8? https://www.daz3d.com/hp-yuka-for-aiko-8

It's long hair, with some curly waves and a free right ear. I couldn't find it in the store so far.

Best regards.

Even if all the items used on the figure were listed, you would still have issues recreating the exact look of the promo image since there are way more variables in play other than the character and what they are wearing.

• Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for your replies. After thinking about my request again, it does sound too intricate to list each and every variable factor that makes up the promotional art.

However thank you very much for looking up the hair.

Best regards.