Cant imort model into poser

About 8 years ago I had poser, and I figured out that in order to upload new models into poser, I would both click on the first folder, usually runtime, and simultaniously click on runtime in the poser folder.Then the next folder in the model folder and the same in my poser folder until you had matched name folders, then place the object into the poser folder, and then do the same for all the other files in the model folders. Until they all matched the name of the folder that you took it oout and the poser folder you put it in. Well last nast I finally broke down and poser 11 and tried doing the exect same about 6 times and I still cant get any of them to work, any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2019

When I download a product from Daz I download it manually.  I then Unzip it to a temp folder.  I then open the Runtime folder, copy the contents from that,  go to whichever Poser runtime I am going to place the product in and pasted the content into the runtime folder.    

If you try putting a runtime into a runtime directly you get nested runtimes and the nested one won't work.   You just need to transfer the content of the Runtime Folder

However I have to admit that I haven't installed my copy of Poser 11 and am working with an older version.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,934

Where are you trying to install them exactly?  In the Poser application directory?

Because AFAIK in recent versions of poser they moved the default Runtime directory, it's not in the Poser application directory anymore.

• Im tring to get them to show up in my library, whichever folder

• Leana said:

Where are you trying to install them exactly?  In the Poser application directory?

Because AFAIK in recent versions of poser they moved the default Runtime directory, it's not in the Poser application directory anymore.

Im tring to get them to show up in my library, whichever folder