ARTMakeover - Makeup Resource for V4 and Genesis (Last Day On Sale!) - [COMMERCIAL]

DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,819
edited February 2014 in The Commons

ARTMakeover....JUST RELEASED!!!!
For anyone interested, you can find it here: http://www.daz3d.com/artmakeover-merchant-resource-for-v4-and-genesis

COMING SOON FOR GENESIS 2 FEMALE!

:) I had a really great time working on it and it was something very different for me to try. I've has a complete infatuation with makeup (I know I am such a girl hehe) since I was little and used to get books and watch every makeover show etc because I was always fascinated how it could change and affect how someone looks and how much better sometimes it could make a women feel about themselves as well :) So with all that in mind I decided to try to apply what I know to the virtual women in my life hehe :)

All the makeups are hand painted and done by me painstakingly, with a lot of care put into how real women apply their makeup. There are over 90 Layers all categorized and color coded in a PSD for those with Photoshop CS or Higher. There is another PSD with no folders for those of you with applications that can open PSDs but can't use them if there are folders, and there are also individual PNGs that can be used in Layered Image Editor or in any App of your choice.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask and I hope you like it! As always TY to everyone who is so supportive and encouraging (Both customers and fellow merchants)...it means a lot to me <3</p>

*All makeup layers below are shown on our character Abby for V4 and Genesis available here for anyone interested: http://www.daz3d.com/abby-for-v4-and-genesis but will work on any V4 Character or on Genesis using V4 UVs.

Promo4.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 396K
Promo3.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 407K
Promo2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 399K
Promo1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 424K
Promo0.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 454K
Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,819
    edited January 2014

And here are the rest of the promos :)

I also included a screenshot of inside the PNG folder to show all the PNGs :)

PNGScreenshot.jpg
    1708 x 905 - 273K
    Promo6.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 547K
    Promo5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 578K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

Looking good .. will there be a fluffy pink bunny motif too? ;)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Looking good .. will there be a fluffy pink bunny motif too? ;)
    ROFL not this time around though I do have plans to do some others so you never know what I may do later ;) hehe
  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

It's looking good. I really would like to have this ready for Genesis 2 Female, but I know that it will be in my cart as soon is realized as it is. :cheese:

edited January 2014

MBusch said:
    It's looking good. I really would like to have this ready for Genesis 2 Female, but I know that it will be in my cart as soon is realized as it is. :cheese:

There is a chance I may do a G2F version as well at some point. Being my first pack I stuck with a territory more familiar to me and one I thought the most people would be able to use (since I know you can use the V4 Mapping on Genesis and I am fairly certain they have a V4 UV set for Genesis 2 as well) Doing it for Genesis 2, I worried would cut out people using V4 or Genesis. Honestly, it was a tough choice on what to do LOL But I have been considering a G2F one. If I do decide to do a G2F one, I will probably offer some discount to anyone who bought this one and also buys that one as well though. Granted step one is making up my mind for sure first LOL. :)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited January 2014

Those are gorgeous!

Any usage restrictions? I mean, are they to be used on V4/Genesis only or are we allowed to edit them for other figures?

Also, commercial only? (never hurts to ask :P)

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Those are gorgeous!

Any usage restrictions? I mean, are they to be used on V4/Genesis only or are we allowed to edit them for other figures?

Also, commercial only? (never hurts to ask :P)

You Can:
    Use this set for your commercial characters that you create (This does include any figures you choose to adapt it to)
    Use this set in your commercial or non-commercial artwork

You Cannot:
    Include the contents in a merchant resource you create
    Use the Makeups on Free Characters
    Redistribute or resell this file the the Contained layers on their own

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Thanks! The adapt it to other figures portion was what I was more worried about, but it looks like it's all good!

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

This looks beautiful, Ann. Congratulations on putting this lovely pack together... and thanks for thinking to include the PNGs for those of us not able to use PSDs.

edited January 2014

Jindi said:
    This looks beautiful, Ann. Congratulations on putting this lovely pack together... and thanks for thinking to include the PNGs for those of us not able to use PSDs.

You are more then welcome. :) I started out in PaintShop Pro (I think PSP 7 or 6 maybe) and I recall always being bummed when something was in PSD format and I couldn't use it so I was sure to make it as available and easy to use to as many people as possible :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

This looks absolutely wonderful Annie. It's probably going in my cart as soon as it hits the store, or shortly thereafter.

BTW, Before switching to Photoshop, I started with PSP 6, upgraded to PSP 7 on up to PSP 9, though I liked PSP 7 the best, and you can not only open PSD files in PSP 7 (don't recall about PSP 6), you can even save in PSD format. The one reason you wouldn't be able to open a PSD in PSP 7 is when the creator used attributes/filters, what have you, that isn't supported in PSP 7. If it's just a normal PSD without anything special about it, you should be able to do so without a problem. Before I updated my PS from 7 to CS 2, I had to open all of Ron's brushes and save them as PSDs in order to access them. Just a thought.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

looking forward to this!! :D

one of my favourite skin textures for V4 is the Elite Lana - but the poor thing doesn't have any makeups! So I'm dying to use this on her. :D

edited December 1969

In this case I did leave different blending modes on certain layers (the ones I would use on them etc) so you "may" run into trouble opening the PSD in some applications. If so, that is a reason for the PNGs to be there :)

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

It also makes life easier for us GIMP users. :) I've had problems with PSDs in the past, might be that this has since changed.

No, just looked at the GIMP docs, which suggest that it's still an issue.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    It also makes life easier for us GIMP users. :) I've had problems with PSDs in the past, might be that this has since changed.

No, just looked at the GIMP docs, which suggest that it's still an issue.

Yep definitely helps for those with GIMP or that use other similar apps :) It works in apps like Sketchbook Pro as well and should work for just about any 2D Paint app :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,629
    edited December 1969

...so if you don't have Photoshop are all 90 PSD layers still available or is one limited to a smaller selection?

I've been looking for something like this for a long time as I develop most my own characters using the existing figure morphs and morph resource packs rather than through purchased character content.

Will this also work on G2F?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so if you don't have Photoshop are all 90 PSD layers still available or is one limited to a smaller selection?

I've been looking for something like this for a long time as I develop most my own characters using the existing figure morphs and morph resource packs rather than through purchased character content.

Will this also work on G2F?

All the layers are available in all 3 formats...so all 90 are in PNG form and in the non-folder PSD and in the one all organized. As for G2F, while it is not made for her mapping, it could be manipulated to fit her though I am considering reworking this set specifically for her. I just haven't made up my mind yet LOL

edited December 1969

...cool, thanks for the clarification. This goes on the "virtual wish list".

edited January 2014

ARTMakeover....JUST RELEASED!!!!
    For anyone interested, you can find it here: http://www.daz3d.com/artmakeover-merchant-resource-for-v4-and-genesis

edited December 1969

....sweet.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,346
    edited December 1969

Muy first purchase of the year, hehe.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

added to the wishlist for now, but will get it very soon, Big thanx for supporting V4 :)

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

Seconded! Thanks for supporting V4 and her sisters, it is greatly appreciated!

edited December 1969

You are all very welcome :) Glad you like it! I am considering doing other possibly (some that are very very different then what I've seen) but wanted to try this one first and see what/how it does. :)

edited December 1969

YAY!!! In my wishlist until the beginning of the month. Have to wait until the checks come in to pay for it.

I have always wanted something like this, because I think it will help me make my own makeup for my characters. I tried years ago, I think when V4 first came out, but it was hard looking at the texture map and see exactly where the shadow and such should be. It shows you where the eyes are, but not the real shape of them, and I never got it right. This is going to help me finally get over that.

Thanks for supporting both V4 and Gen1 Annie, this is a great resource, and I look forward to more of them. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

You're Welcome Miss B :) I had a ton of fun working on it :)

edited December 1969

here is a Poser tutorial on using make up overlays directly in Poser with out using a 2D image editor.

http://youtu.be/ehhRByrRF4I

edited December 1969

Now that's interesting. Does it work in Poser 9 or only the higher Poser Pro versions?

I have the Layered Image Editor for DS 3A and DS 4P, but didn't think Poser had anything like that, but it certainly would be a plus.

OK, off to check out the video.

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Now that's interesting. Does it work in Poser 9 or only the higher Poser Pro versions?

I have the Layered Image Editor for DS 3A and DS 4P, but didn't think Poser had anything like that, but it certainly would be a plus.

OK, off to check out the video.

the tutorial was originally posted in 2011, so i'm assuming it was done in what ever version of poser was out at that time

edited January 2014

OK, I just watched the video, and from what I can see of the material room, it looks exactly like mine.

This looks like a fairly easy method that doesn't use anything special other than connecting new nodes, so I'm going to watch it again and type up some notes. That way I can print them out and have them handy while I'm working.

Thanks for the link sir. :coolsmile:

Post edited by Miss B on