Modern Leg Prosthetic for G3 & G8 Female(s) [Commercial]

FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016
edited October 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

MODERN LEG PROSTHETIC for Genesis 3 & 8 Female(s)

Product Details:

Like with the Modern Leg Prosthetic for Genesis 3 and 8 Malethe Modern Leg Prosthetic for Genesis 3 & 8 Females will allow users to amputate their G3 & G8 female characters' left and/or right leg via a Geograft and have them wear an artificial device instead.

As the product name implies, the "Modern Leg Prosthetic" has been designed with versatility in mind; allowing characters to wear the prosthetic regardless of whether they're depicted as fantasy warriors, modern men, cyberpunk mercenaries or intergalactic pilots.

The prosthetic includes enough material presets and zones to give every user a wide range of customization in order to fit their unique and artistic vision. What's more, the prosthetic also features four different types of plates and 6 pre-made styles (wearable), giving you enough options to allow several characters to wear the same leg in a render, yet having them look different & unique!

What's Included and features:

Each generation includes:

•  3 different front plate styles.
  •  3 different back plate styles.
  •  1 full plate style.
  •  2 Base Legs (left and right) and 2 brackets (to keep the plates in place).
  •  A total of 22 Leg Props (11 for each leg) meant to allow the user to add them to a scene and pose them without the figure.
  •  14 Wearable Presets (7 for each leg).
  •  6 ready-made wearable presets (styles).
  •  2 Geografts attachments to amputate the left and right leg of the character.
  •  A LIE scar for the amputation (Geograft) with 3 color variations (Dark, Midtone & Light); as well as an optional preset to include a Displacement map to give the scar an extra sense of depth.
  •  A script with instructions on how to set up the Geograft for those unfamiliar with them.
  •  A whooping 312 Iray Material Presets for fine-tuning and customization.
  •  16 Designer Sets (Hierarchical Materials) for each leg.
  • 242 Texture Maps (4096 x 4096) which include: Normal, Diffuse, Specular, Metallic, Masks and Displacement maps.

--------------------------------
Important Considerations:

Like with the male version, this product relies on specific bone positions to work properly (without breaking apart). As such, extreme shapes may not always work. Unsupported shapes with a knee position too different from any of the supported shapes might also break the leg. Additionally, while the geograft blends with the skin properly, the transition between the character and the graft is somewhat visible near the butt (crack) area, so it may not hold up in close-up nude renders.

Compatibility: The Prosthetic Leg shares the same UVs as the male version, so you can swap materials between the products. The only preset that will not work across genders are the hierarchical iray presets for the designer sets. However, you can apply the designer sets via the separated props.

---

Genesis 3 Female Supported Shapes:

• Aiko 7
  • Arabella 7
  • Genevieve 7
  • Gia 7
  • Karen 7
  • Mei Lin 7
  • Mika 7
  • Monique 7
  • Olympia 7
  • Ophelia 7
  • Rune 7
  • Teen Josie 7
  • Victoria 7
  • Bodybuilder Details
  • Bodybuilder Size
  • Body Size
  • Body Tone
  • Fitness Details
  • Fitness Size
  • Heavy
  • Height (with minor distortion around the knee when dialed to the extreme)
  • Lithe
  • Portly
  • Stocky
  • Thin
  • Leg Length
  • Thighs Size
  • Thighs Tone 
  • Other Shapes may work with by Auto-follow

Genesis 8 Female Supported Shapes:

• Aiko 8
  • Alexandra 8
  • Babina 8
  • Charlotte 8
  • Edie 8
  • Elithia 8
  • Gabriela 8
  • Jenni 8
  • Kanade 8
  • Mika 8
  • Monique 8
  • Mrs Chow 8
  • Teen Josie 8
  • Sakura 8
  • Victoria 8
  • Cartoonized
  • Bodybuilder Details
  • Bodybuilder Size
  • Body Size
  • Body Tone
  • Fitness Details
  • Fitness Size
  • Heavy
  • Height (with minor distortion around the knee)
  • Lithe
  • Portly
  • Stocky
  • Thin
  • Leg Length
  • Thighs Size
  • Thighs Tone 
  • Other Shapes may work with Auto-follow

Product Last Updated: on Nov. 22 2019 with a fix for the leg morphs.

ModernLegProsthetic_Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 833K
ModernLegProsthetic_Popup12.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 944K
Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016
    edited November 2019

Designer sets

ModernLegProsthetic_Popup01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 371K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup02.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 645K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup03.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 755K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup04.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 696K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup05.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 710K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup06.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 667K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup07.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 666K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup08.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 579K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup09.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 712K
  • Geograft.

ModernLegProsthetic_Popup10.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 645K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup11.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 682K
    edited November 2019
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup14.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup15.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 974K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup16.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 765K
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup13.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup17.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    ModernLegProsthetic_Popup18.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 741K
  • Update: We've been made aware that the morphs for the prosthetics aren't working except for Generation 8's right leg. We're working on fixing the issue and we will submit a fix ASAP. We'll let you guys know through here any news regarding the update. Apologies in advance!

• We've just submitted the fix for the socket and foot morphs for both of the Genesis 3 Female legs and the Left leg for Genesis 8 Female. For those who'd like the fix right away, we're uploading a patch here. Keep in mind that if you've downloaded and installed the product via connect, those files will take preference so this fix won't work (only the update via DAZ will work).

• The update for the product was released yesterday. Please update your product!

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Are you going to ever do arms? G3 and G8??????

Are you going to ever do arms? G3 and G8??????

Hi, Griffin. Thanks for the interest!

Although perhaps not quite what you're looking for, we are currently working on a "Peg Leg and a Hook Hand" for Genesis 8 (male and female). We opted this time to only support generation 8 (this prosthetic leg didn't sell well enough for the amount of time we invested in it and it was especially time-consuming because we were ambitious enough to support two generations and both genders). However, we're including both the leg and the hand on the same package and only splitting by gender (each product will have different textures but using the same UVs so you can mix and match like we did with this "prosthetic leg").

I'll probably open up a "WIP thread" in the art forums and showcase them there once I have a few renders to show!

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Oh well, I'm sure the G8 arm will attach to a G3 character as best as possible.

Well, if you do, you will certainly inspire a new character with a hook hand.

Hopefully, you add some versatile textures so it's not all pirate looks.

Live and Let Die - croc villain had a nice metal hand.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmH0PP_zAKo

Something like that could be cool too.

Good luck.
    As I'm sure you know, (robo-cyber-fake-metal) arms are popular in SciFi - so I think if you did anything in that direction it could help sales.
    Add an LED when all else fails. lol

Oh well, I'm sure the G8 arm will attach to a G3 character as best as possible.

Well, if you do, you will certainly inspire a new character with a hook hand.

Hopefully, you add some versatile textures so it's not all pirate looks.

Live and Let Die - croc villain had a nice metal hand.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmH0PP_zAKo

Something like that could be cool too.

Good luck.
    As I'm sure you know, (robo-cyber-fake-metal) arms are popular in SciFi - so I think if you did anything in that direction it could help sales.
    Add an LED when all else fails. lol

When I first talked it over with my brother & partner (Esid) we had discussed adding a metal hand (something akin to Jamie Lannister's golden hand from GOT) just to add more versatility. Now that was before some products had to be ironed out during the testing process which threw off our timeline for submission. So I can't promise you we will include it, but we will do our best!

And we might still revisit doing the more sci-fi hand later down the line. But since the brunt of the work for that product is on Esid, ultimately all I can do is poke, ask, beg and annoy him to see if he caves hahaha. We shall see :). I'll let you know if we do, though!

Oct 22, 2020, Update for the Modern Leg Prosthetic for Genesis 3 & 8 Female(s)

We've been made aware of an issue with the Plate S04 (Prop & Wearable) for Genesis 3 & 8 Females when it came to applying it to the Right Leg. The plate distorted due to some weightmapping issue. We've uploaded a fix onto PASS earlier today, apologies for the inconveniences. We also caught an issue with the right leg brackets for Genesis 3 Female, where it didn't follow any movement. We've also added a fix for that.

If you've bought the product and would like the fix ASAP, let me know and I'll provide a link to the files that need to be replaced.

• InfiniteMonkeyInfiniteMonkey Posts: 19
    edited October 2021

Am I missing something here? No matter what I try with this, I get a gap between the prosthetic and the socket. Help!

leg problem 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 306K
    Post edited by InfiniteMonkey on

Am I missing something here? No matter what I try with this, I get a gap between the prosthetic and the socket. Help!

Hi, thank you for your purchase! Unfortunately, some characters do not havd proper rigging which becomes evident when using this leg. My advice would be to try using a different body shape (we listed supported shapes. My experience with Genesis 8 characters is that many work with the leg out of the box. Genesis 3 characters seem to be more problematic, unfortunately).
  • Ah, thanks for the info! I'll give it a go with a different figure then. Thank you.

Ah, thanks for the info! I'll give it a go with a different figure then. Thank you.

My pleasure! Let me know if you have any other questions or issues!
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,061

Overall I like this. I do have two issues - I'd really likw to be able to use shoes with the leg, including heels on the female legs, but I can't seem to find any that fit the foot. And the toe section of the foot does not hide when I select and hide the foot in the scene tab, I have to use cutout opacity in the surfaces tab to get rid of it.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,645
    edited October 2021

withnailfrost_1d60066abb said:

On the male version there is a morph on the MLP prosthetic Leg called "Bottom Length" that can be used to lengthen that so there is no gap. I would presume the female version has the same morph.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
    namffuak said:

Overall I like this. I do have two issues - I'd really likw to be able to use shoes with the leg, including heels on the female legs, but I can't seem to find any that fit the foot. And the toe section of the foot does not hide when I select and hide the foot in the scene tab, I have to use cutout opacity in the surfaces tab to get rid of it.

Thank you for your purchase, morphs have been included on the foot portion so you can fit some shoes. Check the shaping or parameters tab with the leg prosthetic selected.
    edited October 2021

withnailfrost_1d60066abb said:

On the male version there is a morph on the MLP prosthetic Leg called "Bottom Length" that can be used to lengthen that so there is no gap. I would presume the female version has the same morph.

Indeed, we included some morphs to help bridge the issue which you can certainly try. The female prosthetic should have them as well. Thanks for jumping in with the suggestion, Zombie!
    The main page details the morphs available for the leg, which I am showing in the attached screenshot.
    Screenshot_20211009-223720_Samsung Internet.jpg
    478 x 1207 - 128K

FenixPhoenix said:

Oct 22, 2020, Update for the Modern Leg Prosthetic for Genesis 3 & 8 Female(s)

We've been made aware of an issue with the Plate S04 (Prop & Wearable) for Genesis 3 & 8 Females when it came to applying it to the Right Leg. The plate distorted due to some weightmapping issue. We've uploaded a fix onto PASS earlier today, apologies for the inconveniences. We also caught an issue with the right leg brackets for Genesis 3 Female, where it didn't follow any movement. We've also added a fix for that.

If you've bought the product and would like the fix ASAP, let me know and I'll provide a link to the files that need to be replaced.

Just to let everyone know, we were contacted by a user who faced this problem again. I checked through DIM, and it seems the fix portion related to the Genesis 3 brackets not following the Right Leg wasn't applied/got missed by the tester. So I've re-submitted the fix, and hopefully, it will make it live this time. Apologies to anyone else who had trouble with this.