Daz Studio partnership

i want to get back into graphics..after a time off

i am a carrara user,  but apparently, daz studio wont play well with Carrara

i had the character converter for daz studio..to get genesis 3 from genesis 8...and  then i was transferring the character from genesis 3 to genesis 1 and 2

the script stopped working...so it haulted my tests ...also some of my props and environments wont load textures from some of the newer stuff..i get a dialog asking to find the image file

does anyone have any advice or suggestions to get characters and textures?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

if only g2 had the face rigging.

and a nice wm and face rig for M4

dreams

and a face rug fir the dragon

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

For genesis 3 and 8, you need Mystarra's presets available elsewhere.

Genesis 1 and Geness 2 work natively in Carrara.  Just drag and drop Geness 1 or 2 from the browser to the scene.  Select the "actor" level of the figure to make any adjustments to shaders that you want (inluding maps).  When satisfied, drag the shader global sphereto the shader browser.  In the future, to use the same shader shader adjustments, just drag the aved global shader from your rowser to the actor level.  All the G1 and G2 morphs load as options (sliders) on the loaded figure.  There is a plugin somewhere in the forums here that will allow you to eliminate morphs you don't plan to use, which will vastly reduce file size when you save a character.

• i have the genesis 8 for carrara...and it's hit and miss with it for me, i was aboutto buy the genesis 3 figures

how do you add morphs and such?, the actor level too?

Diomede, do you know the name of that plugin?

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

i have the genesis 8 for carrara...and it's hit and miss with it for me, i was aboutto buy the genesis 3 figures

how do you add morphs and such?, the actor level too?

Diomede, do you know the name of that plugin?

Genesis Morphs Eraser plugin - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/298236/genesis-morphs-eraser-plugin

• thank you

• can someone tell me what this mean?

"Error: node name://%40selection/Genesis8Female: not found"

• silly questions 
    Have you installed the starter essentials to DAZ studio

have you added your DAZ studio format library to Carrara as well as the runtime one?

• yes to both

• i just picked up "janette" and got this while trying to add a texture

"Error: node name://%40selection/Genesis3Female: not found"

in daz studio, all the textures work

edited November 2019

The error you are getting is with the skins for G3/G8. Another error is that they come out all black which is an AoA error.

To solve the error you are getting go to DAZ Studio (that free plugin for Carrara) and save the skin you wish to use as a Material Preset.

Load that Preset material onto your Carrara figure.

Note you will have an eyelash and eye moisture problem.

To solve the eyelash problem open the eyelash shader and load the Vicky eyelash transperancy into the Alpha channel.

To solve the eye moisture problem, drag a transperancy shader onto the eye moisture shader.

You should be good to go.

Carrara G3 Skin Error 1.png
    2543 x 1035 - 353K
    Carrara G3 Skin Error 2.png
    2637 x 1039 - 450K
    Carrara G3 Skin Error 3.png
    2265 x 1035 - 610K
    Carrara G3 Skin Error 4.png
    2571 x 1046 - 469K
    Carrara G3 Skin Error 5.png
    2582 x 1042 - 463K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • invisigothinvisigoth Posts: 155
    edited November 2019

"To solve the error you are getting go to DAZ Studio (that free plugin for Carrara)"

do you have a link to that plugin?

i used daz studio to save as a material preset...but in Carrara it is looking for image files

Post edited by invisigoth on

The only texture file I need to locate is the transperancy for the eyelashs with the error you are getting, so don't know whats going wrong with your setup. You might have to manually load the textures than save the global shader so you can reuse the textures later on.

With the AoA error I normally load all the textures, a bit fiddly the first few times but once you get use to it it's not an issue.

• i went to the product index, and traced where the files are located

as it turned out...mine didn't get installed..the folder wasn't there...so iam reinstalling some stuff

i went to the product index, and traced where the files are located

as it turned out...mine didn't get installed..the folder wasn't there...so iam reinstalling some stuff

Hope you get it working !

• Ha! i think that was the problem..so far it's working

Thanks

• now, i just need to get Carrara to look into the runtimes textures, on it's own

• silly questions 
    Have you installed the starter essentials to DAZ studio

have you added your DAZ studio format library to Carrara as well as the runtime one?

laughLOL