Carrara not working (solved - but a plugin is not working)

Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
edited November 2019 in Carrara Discussion

I couldn't sleep so decided to do a bit of Carrara, double clicked the icon to start, the Carrara screen opens then crashes off.

Have the Beta installed with no plugins, tried that and it's working, so looks like it's musical chairs to find which one/ones are the culprit for the crash !

Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Comments

• yes its fun, I pull them all out the folder and return them one by one devil

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Removed Architools, then flashing up on the screen that Hierarchy.mcx & ShadingModule.mcx modules are not loading then it crashes again - further detective work needed.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

did architool install a dll ?  it wouldnt be in the extensions folder

Mystarra said:

did architool install a dll ?  it wouldnt be in the extensions folder

Installed via C8_ArchiTools_1.0.0.0_Win64.exe, so assummed it was just extensions, if it's a dll then that might explain the Hierarchy & Shading Modules being affected.

Will do a fresh install later then load the extensions one by one till I find the culprit, although I do recall Wendy mentioning the Architools in a previous thread.

• Architools a bit of a complicated install

its not just in the extensions folder and using an installer hard to track where it puts stuff

it crashes my Carrara on Windows 10 too

I never worried too much as its better on my other PC anyway but wonder if the DAZ version the same as the Inagoni one was

• rk66rk66 Posts: 438

The Archi Tools version in your account is not the current version, that version is old.

There was a updated version on Inagoni´s site > https://web.archive.org/web/20141220022942/http://inagoni.com/news.php

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    Bunyip02 said:

I couldn't sleep so decided to do a bit of Carrara

@bunyip02 are you in the fire zone areas?

rk66 said:

The Archi Tools version in your account is not the current version, that version is old.

There was a updated version on Inagoni´s site > https://web.archive.org/web/20141220022942/http://inagoni.com/news.php

Thanks, will try it when I reload Carrara !

Bunyip02 said:

I couldn't sleep so decided to do a bit of Carrara

@bunyip02 are you in the fire zone areas?

Nope, currently in the clear, but it's bone dry where I am. Trust everyone involved stays safe, latest news is not good though.....

edited November 2019

Carrara is working again after doing an uninstall and reinstall, also had to remove all of the extra plugins to stop the error message/crash.

Now the fun bit, trying all of the plugins - wish me lots of patience !!!

Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Well that was quicker than expected, culprit causing the crash was the ERC Modifier plugin.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Bunyip02 said:

Well that was quicker than expected, culprit causing the crash was the ERC Modifier plugin.

Glad you got that sorted! Funny how things just stop working.

• Well Fenric has left the building 

you can try contacting him on his site but honestly I don't think he wants anything to do with Carrara now

He still is active in the Poser community as far as I know 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Bunyip02 said:

oh no  

cuz i can't figure out how to spawn a fbm in the morph target tab.  was looking forward to erc saving the day.

Hopefully it's some rogue setting in my setup and won't affect anyone else, but if affected one thing to check out....