old news - can delete this post

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247
edited February 2021 in Carrara Discussion

nm

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• funny that Daz offers G2 with Carrara Pro but couldnt load it.

• Genesis 2 loads fine for me

just does not autofit it can only use clothes for it

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

funny that Daz offers G2 with Carrara Pro but couldnt load it.

?? - G2 loads fine for me in Carrara, by default.  G2F and G2M are my standard starting figures if I am gong to use Daz figures.  Even if I want to use V4 or M4 items with them, I have the legacy shape morphs and use G2 figures.

It is so frustratng that some things work for some folks and not for others, even though it seems like the setups are the same.  Right now I am griping on the 3D Coat forums that I can't get the fancy auto-retopology tool to even attempt to auto-retopology.  There are two other auto-retopology options (instant meshes andan older) which work on my system, but Autopo won't even gve it a try.

Here are V6 and M6 loaded in Carrara with some clothes and hair to satisfy TOS.

v6 and m6 in carara.JPG
    1525 x 797 - 172K
  • I used G2 often before in Carrara but than i've had Daz Studio 4.5 when it worked.
    Needed to make everything new on my PC, so everything is new, Carrara, Daz4.11 and nothing really worked, Carrara couldnt find any file, after changing the setting in the DIM where the files should be installed, V4 worked fine but now G2 does not work.
    Daz ppl should really fix Carrara if they do changes on the files or installation.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited November 2019

new computer Windows 10 I got a few weeks ago

DAZ studio 4.11 was my first install Carrara 8.5 my second

Genesis 2 works fine

V4 is actually giving me issues on one version as I have the C8.5 Beta as well with Octane render

forgotten which one

all installed with DIM

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on