Copy all surface properties

Birdie2Birdie2 Posts: 24
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi together,

I have a problem here and hope anyone here can help me.

Some months ago I have created a nice animation in DAZ4.5.
The animation contains a few objects and a little light.

Today I needed to enhance this Animation with one more object and rerender it.
So far so easy... BUT I must have created some cool surface properties (probably I applied something from the CONTENT LIBRARY) but I do not remember how I did this.

Now is there a way to simply copy ALL surface/color/shader/texture/.... properties from one object and paste this into another object?
Mainly refelction is different but all I can see in the "Surfaces (Color)" section is 100% identical between both objects

I need the two objects to look the same.

Any way to at least see, what is different? (or better simply copy the properties)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Select the surface you want to copy with the Surface Selection tool. In the Surfaces pane look at top-left - does it say the Shader is one of the standard ones? if so, go to edit>Copy>Copy selected surfaces. Then select the surface(s) you want to apply the settings to, apply the base shader, and then Edit>Paste>Paste to selected Surfaces. If it isn't a standard shader, or if you don't want to fiddle with the steps in the previous method, select the surface you want to copy, File>Save as>Shader preset, then select the surfaces you want to have the settings, and apply the saved preset.

• Birdie2Birdie2 Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

may be I must have done something wrong since this is what I did... at least I thought so... now it worked... THANKS

• john1720john1720 Posts: 39

Groovey Info.

Love The forums

laugh