question on injection channels

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

hello,

I have a question on injection channels for v4
For my V4 character I use some community morphs from different artists. the problem some of them are using the same injection channel, so I can only inject the one or the other but for some poses I need both :( but if I use both at the same time they interact naturally . Can I change in someway the channels because I have some that are not used?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,216
    edited December 1969

You can just edit the files for one of the injection poses, being careful to include any external files that the Pose library file calls, to change the number. PBMCC## is the format.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

You can just edit the files for one of the injection poses, being careful to include any external files that the Pose library file calls, to change the number. PBMCC## is the format.

thank you Richard, but that seems a bit complicated even because I don`t know what programm/software I have to use for that.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Any text editor will do -- I use Notepad++

edited December 1969

ah okay, but how can I know the community injection channel numbers. from - are they listed somewhere?

second thing. I choose the whole v4 body to inject the morph for example, it is a chest morph and so it is also shown at the "bodypart" morphs, is this the same channel?

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

thank you Richard, but that seems a bit complicated even because I don`t know what programm/software I have to use for that.

Many thanks Richard, it works. Great help as allways :-)

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

ah okay, but how can I know the community injection channel numbers. from - are they listed somewhere?

second thing. I choose the whole v4 body to inject the morph for example, it is a chest morph and so it is also shown at the "bodypart" morphs, is this the same channel?

Many thanks also Mike, it works :-)

edited December 1969

only thing is...how many community injection channels has v4?

edited December 1969

I think it was 50, might have been 75 - those are the numbers that are caught in the cobwebs in my brain.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

She has 50 PBMCC & 50 PBMDC in her Body, but she has 70 of each in her head and sub-head parts ie eyes, eyebrow etc.

edited July 2012

I think it was 50, might have been 75 - those are the numbers that are caught in the cobwebs in my brain.

50 was right as :) so as Bejaymac has written she has 50 PBMCC and 50 PBMDC, so next question, if my PBMCC are nearly full and I have 6 morphs I want to use and listed in a row, can I inject them to the PBMDC channels via editing the file and change PBMCC with PBMDC? can I do this or could it be that these channels interact?

EDIT: so just changing PBMCC wirh PBMDC does not work seems there is much more to do to use a ds channel

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

my problem is the following:

I use some community morph kits. I have enough channels free because I don`t use all of the morphs of one morph kit but the morphs I use are not in a row and I need 14 more channels for another morph kit in a row but that does not work because of the first morph kit. I do not want to change the injection channels of both morph kits, just for the second morph mit I need, that is no problem.
    I do not want to change the channels of the first morph kit because it has 50 community morphs (I use 20 or so) and it can be that I need all 50 morphs one day and then I have the trouble, you know?

Okay I can split the morphs of the second Morphkit on the free channels but that's a real mess then :down:

edited December 1969

Changing the channel to a PBMDC channel should be fine, but for big sets you might want to look at splitting them out to custom morphs and adding them to the ExP system so that they use unique names of their own - DS4 does include the ExP Exporter plugin, you could set up a series of pseudo morphs with DForms to get the names, export via the ExP exporter (which si, I admit, a fiddly thing to use) and then edit the morphs you want to use those channels.

edited December 1969

Changing the channel to a PBMDC channel should be fine, but for big sets you might want to look at splitting them out to custom morphs and adding them to the ExP system so that they use unique names of their own - DS4 does include the ExP Exporter plugin, you could set up a series of pseudo morphs with DForms to get the names, export via the ExP exporter (which si, I admit, a fiddly thing to use) and then edit the morphs you want to use those channels.

it`s v4 so I work with ds3 :) but will try it.

can it be that single bodyparts like the "chest" have less pbmcc`s than the whole figure? I inject deltas for information

edited December 1969

Hello,

where is the difference between the PBMCC`s and the PBMDC`s?

I have changed the command in the file via texteditor from:

{
    version
    {
    number 4.01
    }
    actor chest:1
    {
    channels
    {
    targetGeom PBMCC_5
    {
    into
    {
    version
    {
    number 4.01
    }
    actor chest:1
    {
    channels
    {
    targetGeom PBMDC_5
    {
    but the result was, that the morph doesn`t appeat in the PBMDC injection channel list as it does appear before in the PBMCC channel list.
    so where is the difference between these channels, is it the channel number? maybe the PBMDC injections have other numbers than the PBMCC injection channels, I don`t know.

Please help, how can I change a PBMCC into a PBMDC

edited December 1969

As far as I know there is no difference - the DC channels are for DAZ, the CC channels for the community, but they are both open channels available for any morph. Check that there aren't any spelling errors in your edits, or missed references - if that's not it I don't know what it is.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

If your actually using PBMCC_5 & PBMDC_5 then that could be your problem as they don't exist, it's PBMCC_05 & PBMDC_05, channels 1 to 9 are listed as 01, 02, 03 etc.

edited December 1969

hey...that could be, will try it...many thanks for that in advance

edited December 1969

Okay you all,

MANY THANKS :) all works fine, thanks for your help, have just finished the fixes of the injection channels and have all injection morphs I need and sorted comfortably. GREAT.

Have my V4 Bend morphs and my Davo Breast morphs under DAZ injections and the Overhaul alone under Community Injections.

Really great. many thanks

:)

Yours cosmo

edited December 1969

Okay you all,

MANY THANKS :) all works fine, thanks for your help, have just finished the fixes of the injection channels and have all injection morphs I need and sorted comfortably. GREAT.

Have my V4 Bend morphs and my Davo Breast morphs under DAZ injections and the Overhaul alone under Community Injections.

Really great. many thanks

:)

COSMO

edited December 1969

But let me tell you that:

If I now use the VAVAVOOM and BADABING Tools for my V4.2 + the morphs I allready have, the result would be a V4.2 Female Body a Genesis female body maybe can`t take it. :cheese:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439
    edited December 1969

Threads merged since it is on the same topic and by the same OP.