Will Arnold renderer and the muscle system be used in the future?

opppoe_c02b0d86opppoe_c02b0d86 Posts: 53
edited November 2019 in Product Suggestions

[Will Arnold renderer and the muscle system be used in the future?] Skin rendering and posture deformation are still not good.

Post edited by opppoe_c02b0d86 on

Comments

• Only Daz knows what its futuer plans are, but I must say that seems unlikely. A thrird party might be able to write a plug-in or bridge, depending on the architecture of Arnold.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

What is the Arnold system?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    Sigurd said:

Only thing I can think of is the Arnold renderer which is amazing https://www.arnoldrenderer.com/

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

Cool! Thanks!

• Sigurd said:

Only thing I can think of is the Arnold renderer which is amazing https://www.arnoldrenderer.com/

Yes

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068
    edited November 2019

[Will Arnold renderer and the muscle system be used in the future?] Skin rendering and posture deformation are still not good.

Did you actually compare Arnold vs Iray? Why are you're implying one is better than the other?

I would say Daz replacing Iray with Arnold is very doubtful. Iray is already optimized for NVidia cards, so why add yet another NVidia renderer?
    Post edited by Seven193 on
  • Dave230 said:

Did you actually compare Arnold vs Iray? Why are you're implying one is better than the other?

I would say Daz replacing Iray with Arnold is very doubtful. Iray is already optimized for NVidia cards, so why add yet another NVidia renderer?

For character skins, Iray rendering is still far behind. The parameters are also very difficult to adjust. I have adjusted for a long time and can't adjust to the real effect.

I can think of why DAZ doesn't use Arnold or Vray because they are too expensive.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068
    edited November 2019
    You mean commercial licensing? Yes, Arnold probably costs twice as much as Iray. Another reason why not to pay double for something you already have.

And it's not like NVidia is sitting around collecting thousands of dollars from these companies and doing nothing. I'm sure they have paid employees working on improvements to their Iray renderer.
    Post edited by Seven193 on
  • Dave230 said:
    You mean commercial licensing? Yes, Arnold probably costs twice as much as Iray. Another reason why not to pay double for something you already have.

And it's not like NVidia is sitting around collecting thousands of dollars from these companies and doing nothing. I'm sure they have paid employees working on improvements to their Iray renderer.

This is true, but Iray's improvements are too slow. Can't catch up with Arnold, after all, NVidia is selling graphics cards.