G2 doesnt work anymore on Carrara?

When i try to load G2 content directly from the Content Libary in Carrara i get the message that it was unable to import the file (cr2)

when i load a Daz szene with just G2 figure it says:
Warning: file /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf could not be found
Error: node/data/Daz30%203D/Genesis%202/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf#GenesisFemale not found.

Anybody else have this issue or any hint for solving this?

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Make sure you are loading the figures from the DS structure and not the Poser structure.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

yeah.  

are you seeing a 'people' folder, or a 'daz people' folder in the content tray?
    if you seeing a daz people folder, means you loading from the poser dson, not the ds lib.

also had this happen when a folder remnant is stuck in ther carrara preferences file.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

It should not be trying to load a CR2 file.  G2F and G2M are duf files.

Here are V6 and M6 loaded in Carrara by dragging and dropping from the default content library (Daz Studiocontent format, not Poser runtime format).

v6 and m6 in carara.JPG
    1525 x 797 - 172K
  • Where can i change that?
    btw. i also get the error message in carrara if i drag the G2 dson file directly into a carrara scene

• you should not be using a DSON file

you need to use the duf file

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited November 2019

Yours won't look like mne because I changed some names, but...

I used DIM to install but I created a custom folder first to put all my Daz stuff in.  I cleverly named it "Stuff for Daz" with a subfolder named "Stuff for Studio."  My DIM is set to install Daz Studio content to my "Stuff for Studio" subfolder.  Yours will be named something different, probably My Daz Studio Library or My Library or something like that, but NOT with the word Runtime.

As Wendy says, the base genesis and genesis 2 figures have DUF filename extensions. 

The DUF file for the base G2 female is found in  \People\Genesis 2 Female

In the Carrara browser content tab, these subfolders should NOT be contained in a folder ending with the word Runtime.  In my case, because I redirected DIM to a custom folder, the "people" folder is a subset of "Stuff for Studio."  I forget the default name, but yours will be named something different, probably My Daz Studio Library or My Library or something like that, but NOT with the word Runtime.

yy03 file folders.JPG
    911 x 649 - 84K
    yy01 browser tray content tab.JPG
    1548 x 842 - 151K
    yy02 people subfolders.JPG
    1560 x 830 - 136K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

did you get it working?