Mac OS Sierra and Carrara 8.5 ... Bad surprise

Hello all,
I have not discussed here long ago. Every morning I consult the forum, but my low level in English and the slowness of my internet connection does not allow me a correct conversation. :-(
I have a big problem with Carrara!
I upgraded to Mac OS Sierra today (10.12.6).
Everything seemed to be fine, but I noticed that if I place an object from my library whose textures are saved externally, the software asks me where is the texture, BUT WITHOUT INDICATING WHAT TEXTURE IS WANTED!
There is no message, no window with the name of the file searched for. Only one window opens so that I indicate which file to choose ... but I do not have its name !!
Is there a way to solve this?
CARRARA 8.5.1 Pro build 19
Mac OS 10.12.6
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Bonjour à tous,
il y a longtemps que je 'ai pas discuté ici. Chaque matin je consulte le forum, mais mon faible niveau en anglais et la lenteur de ma connexion internet ne me permet pas une conversation correcte. :-(
J'ai un gros soucis avec  Carrara !
J'ai fait aujourd'hui une mise à jour vers Mac OS Sierra (10.12.6).
Tout semblait aller bien, mais j'ai remarqué que si je place un objet depuis ma bibliothèque dont les textures sont enregistrées en externe, le logiciel me demande où est la texture, MAIS SANS M'INDIQUER QUELLE TEXTURE EST RECHERCHÉE !
Il n'y a aucun message, aucune fenêtre avec le nom du fichier recherché. Seulement une fenêtre souvre afin que j'indique quel fichier choisir ... mais je n'ai pas son nom !!
Existe-t-il un moyen de solutionner cela ?
CARRARA 8.5.1 Pro build 19
Mac OS 10.12.6

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

There is a patch for it. Link is near the end of this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/134851/finding-missing-textures-with-carrara-for-mac-el-capitain-and-sierra

Disclaimer: I have not tried it myself.

Oh, and DON'T update your OS to Catalina!!!

• JamyJamy Posts: 192

Thanks a lot Tim and thanks to Brian,
    I downloaded the files but it does not work !!
    I followed Brian's instructions correctly and replaced the Frameworks files, but without any change when I launch Carrara :-(

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

I'm still using Yosemite, so all of this is...really depressing news... :(

<sigh>

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Stick with Yosemite ;)

• JamyJamy Posts: 192

Hello,
    I took a little time before resuming this post because I had work.
    Today, I opened the file sent by Brian again and ... I was scared !!!
    I'm not good enough in English and bad at programming.
    So, I believe that it is better to stay with software that bug rather than with software that does not work at all.
    I installed the old Frameworks and I found again the scroll and some keyboard shortcuts that had disappeared.
    So I will have to open with Carrara 7 files where the textures are missing to know what it is, then return to Carrara 8.5 for use with the right tools.
    I must say that I am quite angry against Daz who takes users hostage. As they do not want to make this software open source, nor to make it evolve, they condemn a whole part of the users and this attitude is not glorious. You are shabby Daz, just good at producing long time Victoria # 42, Michel # 72, Genesis # 124 so that you can resell for the Xth time the bullfighter outfit, the sportwear, the adapted hairstyle, etc. ..
    And you are stupid enough not to understand that you are missing out on a market because many Carrara users are ready to spend a lot of money to develop a software that says it, is efficient and only asks for to develop.
    Here it is, my "rant" of the day, but I will not finish this post without thanking Tango Alpha for his advice and especially Brian who was kind enough to send me files and a manual (sorry Brian for not being up to par).
    Thank you also to all of the community (I will not mention all the names) which makes resistance to the commercial machine by generously sharing tips and formative experiences.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Bonjour,
    j'ai mis un peu de temps avant de reprendre ce post car j'avais du travail.
    Aujourd'hui, j'ai ouvert de nouveau le fichier envoyé par Brian et ... j'ai eu peur !!!
    Je ne suis pas bon en anglais et nul en programmation.
    Alors, je crois qu'il est préférable de rester avec un logiciel qui bug plutôt qu'avec un logiciel qui ne fonctionne pas du tout.
    J'ai installé les anciens Frameworks et j'ai retrouvé le scroll et quelques raccourcis clavier qui avait disparus.
    Je vais donc être obligé d'ouvrir avec Carrara 7 les fichiers où les textures sont manquantes afin de savoir de quoi il s'agit, puis revenir sur Carrara 8,5 pour les utiliser avec les bons outils.
    Je dois dire que je suis assez encolère contre Daz qui prend en otage les utilisateurs. Comme ils ne veulent pas rendre ce logiciel open source, ni le faire évoluer, il condamnent toute une partie des utiisateurs et cette attitude n'est pas glorieuse. Vous êtes des minables Daz, juste bons à produire à longueur de temps des Victoria #42, des Michel #72, des Genesis #124 afin de pouvoir revendre pour la Xth fois la tenue de toréador, le sportwear, la coiffure adaptée, etc ...
    Et vous êtes assez idiots pour ne pas comprendre que vous passez à coté d'un marché car beaucoup d'utilisateurs de Carrara sont prêt à dépenser pas mal d'argent pour faire évoluer un logiciel qui disont le, est performant et ne demande qu'à se développer.
    Voilà, c'est mon "coup de gueule" de la journée, mais je ne terminerai pas ce post sans remercier Tango Alpha pour ses conseils et tout particulièrement Brian qui a eu la gentillesse de m'envoyer des fichiers et un mode d'emploi (déolé Brian de ne pas avoir été à la hauteur).
    Merci aussi à l'ensemble de la communeauté (je ne vais pas citer tout les noms) qui fait de la résistance face à la machine commerciale en partageant généreusement des astuces et expèriences formatrices.