Fantasy weapons collection 2 (out now!) [commercial]

PorsimoPorsimo Posts: 359
edited February 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Yep, it's #2 in the topic title, and it's out now!. :)

Six new weapons are here to expand your collection of fantasy weapons! Like the first one, this set contains weapons of two different styles, too.

Fantasy weapons collection 2

This time there's - in the form of smart props and hand poses - support for three generations of figures: M4, V4, Genesis, Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 2 Male.
M4 and V4 smart props are in native Poser format with DS materials and the stand-alone props come in native Poser (with DS mats) and DS (4.5+) formats.

What's included:
6 new Fantasy Weapons (.DUF, .PP2 and .OBJ):
- Axe Sword
- Doublecutter Sword
- Knife
- Pickaxe
- Bonegrip Sabre
- Elegant Sabre

60 Smart Props (.DUF, .PP2 and .OBJ):
- 12 (Right and Left Hand) Smart Props for Michael 4
- 12 (Right and Left Hand) Smart Props for Victoria 4
- 12 (Right and Left Hand) Smart Props for Genesis
- 12 (Right and Left Hand) Smart Props for Genesis 2 Female(s)
- 12 (Right and Left Hand) Smart Props for Genesis 2 Male(s)

And hand Poses for each Prop for Michael 4, Victoria 4, Genesis, Genesis 2 Female(s) and Genesis 2 Male(s) (.DUF, .PZ2 and .HD2)

Ps. In the family portrait below, the "bonegrip" sabre Michael 4 is holding looks rather small compared to the one Vicky 6 has, but they are actually at the same size.

Popup_9.jpg
975 x 750 - 484K
Popup_2.jpg
750 x 975 - 518K
Popup_1.jpg
750 x 975 - 434K
Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Post edited by Porsimo on

Comments

• PorsimoPorsimo Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

Poser renders and details...

Popup_8.jpg
    750 x 975 - 466K
    Popup_7.jpg
    750 x 975 - 497K
    Popup_4.jpg
    750 x 975 - 467K
    Popup_3.jpg
    750 x 975 - 475K
    edited December 1969

And the bumps & displacements...

Popup_6.jpg
    750 x 975 - 351K
    Popup_5.jpg
    750 x 975 - 369K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,526
    edited December 1969

Looking great!
    Will they come with poses too?
    i've used #1 quite a lot, specially the dwarven axes, they work great.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Looking great!

Thank you! :)

Just hand poses, unfortunately. At one point I considered to make some basic poses, but I would've had to make them for 5 or 6 "figures" so I decided to keep it this way (if this had been only for Gen4, 5 OR 6, then there would've been poses included).

Also, I wanted to keep the price down as this will be cheaper than the first set (less weapons). :)

edited December 1969

Porsimo said:
    Totte said:
    Looking great!

Thank you! :)

Just hand poses, unfortunately. At one point I considered to make some basic poses, but I would've had to make them for 5 or 6 "figures" so I decided to keep it this way (if this had been only for Gen4, 5 OR 6, then there would've been poses included).

Also, I wanted to keep the price down as this will be cheaper than the first set (less weapons). :)
    Hand Poses are good! And I understand that making poses for several figs is time consuming!

Most combat poses out there work very bad with tunics (leg poses are just not tunic compatible), I wish someone made some fantasy melee combat poses with "upper body", "lower body" poseparts, would be great to quick get something going.

But the weapons looks great, not "too far out", many fantasy weapons are not usable as they are to "fantastic", but I'm more into "dirt farming potato fantasy" then "extreme super hero borderline fantasy".

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

Totte!! Get away from my weapons!! That sword SO belongs in Jades hands.
    Great looking work. Can not wait on the release.

EDIT: I would happily pay more if it had a matching dagger or short sword. OR BOTH.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

EDIT: I would happily pay more if it had a matching dagger or short sword. OR BOTH.

You can have them in your universe, I still don't know who should have them in mine (except that I will have them), but I suspect we will run into trouble with someone having them sooner than later ;-) Maybe that crook up in Dale, Youri is his name, all we know so far...

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Most combat poses out there work very bad with tunics (leg poses are just not tunic compatible)
    Yeah, but I guess this is a problem with all longer clothes and dynamic action poses unless there is a ton of morphs simulating dynamics (or actual dynamic clothing).
    I wish someone made some fantasy melee combat poses with "upper body", "lower body" poseparts, would be great to quick get something going.
    Hmm... I could give this a try at some point - unless someone else is quicker ;)

But the weapons looks great, not "too far out", many fantasy weapons are not usable as they are to "fantastic", but I'm more into "dirt farming potato fantasy" then "extreme super hero borderline fantasy".

Thanks. And I agree. I'm not excatly a fan of family car sized "one-hand" weapons either :) I like weapons that are smaller than me (though, considering my size that doesn't guarantee their usability :lol: )

No, no! No sword fighting in my thread! Maybe I could do more weapons so there's enough for everybody? ;) And thanks :) This set has passed the QA so no dagger or short sword with it, but I'll keep that in mind ;)
    edited December 1969

Porsimo said:

No, no! No sword fighting in my thread! Maybe I could do more weapons so there's enough for everybody? ;)

Hey, that like selling booze at the gas station then saying that it's illegal to drink and drive ;-)

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,326
    edited December 1969

I have a small army of Victoria Sixes just itching to get their hands on these.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Its all cool, I'll not waste a Plane Travel spell to visit his Realm. He is in The One Ring right now and I'm in the Land of Greyhawk. But I think I just might have a Dimension Door scroll laying around if needed. ;-)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Its all cool, I'll not waste a Plane Travel spell to visit his Realm. He is in The One Ring right now and I'm in the Land of Greyhawk. But I think I just might have a Dimension Door scroll laying around if needed. ;-)

:Mental note to self:
    Place portal in Mount Doom...

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Porsimo said:

No, no! No sword fighting in my thread! Maybe I could do more weapons so there's enough for everybody? ;)

Hey, that like selling booze at the gas station then saying that it's illegal to drink and drive ;-)

Oh, well... If you put it that way... Maybe... If I just switch to selling flowers and all kind of fluffy stuff... :sick:

... Scratch that! Off to making some more sharp things! Muhahahahaa! :coolgrin:

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sorry Jad and Totte but there are my weapons and I WILL so fight you for them...even with a bad foot. :P

Porsimo, nice looking models there dude. I love the details, I wonder how Uber Surface will work on these, given anisotropic works via UV direction (had surface modelling). I am eager to find out. ;)

edited February 2014

Szark said:
    Sorry Jad and Totte but there are my weapons and I WILL so fight you for them...even with a bad foot. :P

Like this?

pete.gif
    245 x 200 - 956K
    Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

yep just a flesh wound

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

Very nice looking set!

For me, I hate doing hand poses by hand (pun intended) so just making sure the figure grips the weapon well is a great thing. :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Porsimo, nice looking models there dude. I love the details, I wonder how Uber Surface will work on these, given anisotropic works via UV direction (had surface modelling). I am eager to find out. ;)
    Thanks! :)

I have to admit I haven't played much with the Uber Surface so let me know when you find out! :)

Very nice looking set!

For me, I hate doing hand poses by hand (pun intended) so just making sure the figure grips the weapon well is a great thing. :)

Thank you!

Yeah, I know the feeling... :) But, I would have to do the hand poses at least for the promo renders, so I have no reason to leave them out ;)

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Very beautiful work, Porsimo.

Your displacement mapping is exquisite, and your edge lines clean. It's refreshing to see the realistic contours of smithing in these blades.

I would love to see the wires. If not public, please PM me. I appreciate your fine deft hand in the construction, and would like to see how you addressed the bevels, and change in concave/convex degrees.

Did you create these as Sub-D with control cages (and sub-d' in DS), or are these strictly polymesh finals (with no DS sub-d)?

Beautiful, nonetheless. You've inspired me to get back to work...

Szark:

I'm intrigued by your anisotropic statement. How can I use Uber-lighting to test my blades for this effect? Do I need anything special, or is the DS in-house uber-lights sufficient for testing. All my blades bounce light correctly under normal conditions, and I am interested to experience anisotropic based on UV direction (which I couldn't find in studying).

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

very nice work Kory needs a new sword....Trish

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

The set looks very promising. Great thanks for understanding fantasy isn't about busty vixens and skimpwear :D!

edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Very beautiful work, Porsimo.

Your displacement mapping is exquisite, and your edge lines clean. It's refreshing to see the realistic contours of smithing in these blades.
    Thank you! :) This idea came in quite late in the process, so only half of the weapons actually have this feature (the two big swords and the knife). But, I will keep using this in all blades I make from now on. :)
    I would love to see the wires. If not public, please PM me. I appreciate your fine deft hand in the construction, and would like to see how you addressed the bevels, and change in concave/convex degrees.

Did you create these as Sub-D with control cages (and sub-d' in DS), or are these strictly polymesh finals (with no DS sub-d)?

Beautiful, nonetheless. You've inspired me to get back to work...

Thanks again! These are strictly polymesh finals. I have subdivided (smoothed) the meshes in modeller using control edges, but that's different from DS or ZBrush as the result is final.

I'll post the wires below, but you can't actually see how the bevels are done because they are just too small ;)
    Instead of an actual bevel (like in pic 1) I used "inset" (pic 2). This technique has pros and cons. The downside is that it creates unnecessary polygons and can cause some really ugly faces if not implemented carefully (though, so does bevelling too), but the plus side is, it also creates really clean looking surfaces and when used in really small amount, it can simulate sharp edges much better than bevelling.

inset.jpg
    500 x 422 - 54K
    bevel.jpg
    500 x 419 - 53K
    edited December 1969

The wires...

First, the big swords:

DSwordw2.jpg
    1542 x 886 - 239K
    DSwordw1.jpg
    1542 x 886 - 176K
    ASwordw2.jpg
    1542 x 886 - 165K
    ASwordw1.jpg
    1542 x 886 - 216K
    edited December 1969

Knife and pickaxe:

PAxew2.jpg
    1542 x 886 - 142K
    PAxew1.jpg
    1542 x 886 - 156K
    Knifew2.jpg
    795 x 886 - 112K
    Knifew1.jpg
    795 x 886 - 144K
    edited December 1969

And the sabres (both sabres have the same blade, so I've made only one shot of it):

Sabre1w2.jpg
    795 x 886 - 136K
    Sabre2w2.jpg
    795 x 886 - 155K
    Sabre2w1.jpg
    795 x 886 - 124K
    edited December 1969

The set looks very promising. Great thanks for understanding fantasy isn't about busty vixens and skimpwear :D!

Thanks!

But, but... I just had armies of busty vixens in skimpwears in my mind while making these :ohh:

J/K ;) Yeah, I'm a fan of the "classic" fantasy, so that's the guideline for stuff I make :) I do like the "Sword and sorcery" too and that's where my first set partially got its inspiration.

edited December 1969

Game of Thrones is both real swords and axes and skimpy women, but not at the same time ;-)
    But I agree, very few fantasy heroines do wear high heels and chainmail bikinis, not for long anyway.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Ok.... *sigh*

SHUTUPANDTAKEMYMONEY.jpg
    298 x 169 - 11K
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:

Szark:

I'm intrigued by your anisotropic statement. How can I use Uber-lighting to test my blades for this effect? Do I need anything special, or is the DS in-house uber-lights sufficient for testing. All my blades bounce light correctly under normal conditions, and I am interested to experience anisotropic based on UV direction (which I couldn't find in studying).

You need Uber Surface (not lighting) to get anisotropic highlights. Uber Surface comes free with Daz Studio.
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
    edited December 1969

It looks really interesting! you have my vote!