Beak geograph

There's a few models out there that morph the figure's mouth into a bird beak, such as RawArt's Ancient Horus and JoeQuick's Mr. Turtle (not a bird beak, but it gets there). I've had pretty decent results mixing those two together (after porting Mr. Turtle up to Gen8), but it never looks quite right or captures the beak style I'm looking for. But it would be really nice if there were more characters with feathery skin textures and a bird beak that wasn't just a morph. Ideally such a beak would have its own morphs to mimic different birds, so you could get something like a parrot beak, a crow beak, a falcon beak, and so forth.

Sadly the closest thing we've got to that now for a full bird character is Genesis 2 Raven by The AntFarm. It would be great to have something for the 3/8. 

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

A rigid beak is an appealing idea, but one big problem is expressions. While, personally, I think a reasonably rigid face would make sense in an avian character, a lot of users would be annoyed they can't make the character smile or frown

• MunemanMuneman Posts: 219

That's a good point. I suppose you'd have to work in some expressions into the beak. Just some basic muscles, but not to the extent a Genesis face would have. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

That would be ... hard.

I've considered doing beaks as a conforming item (sort of 'glue on beak'). Mmm. Maybe some day. ;)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Just create an accompanying head morph with big eyes and eyebrows. Those can do the heavy lifting of emoting while the beak stays mostly still. An extra long tongue might be a good idea, too. 

• MunemanMuneman Posts: 219
    Oso3D said:

That would be ... hard.

I've considered doing beaks as a conforming item (sort of 'glue on beak'). Mmm. Maybe some day. ;)

That would probably make more sense. Then it could be combined with other tongue morphs to get to what Gordig is suggesting.