Urban Sprawl 2 and 3: Winter and Wet textures?

I have known for some time about the Dreamland city blocks with the ground, pavement and sidewalks having wet, puddles, raining, and winter options.

But I personally think there should be a similar option for Urban Sprawl 2 and 3, if there hasn't already.  Is there any such add-on for Urban Sprawl 2 and 3?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

There's nothing specific to those two, but there are several shaders and decal kits that will add snow, ice, frost and puddles to any surface. Kindred Arts especially, Design Anvil, too.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    edited November 2019

yeah, I just trid DAs let it snow product on a building and pavement in US2 and it worked pretty well. It basically creates a geoshell over the entire building and then you apply various snow textures to it. there is also a snow flake setting to show falling snow.

snowy.jpg
    1193 x 873 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • I added the Let It Snow product to my wishlist.  But now, if only there are shaders to allow for wet surfaces.

• Or fungus....  But then, I suspect there will be add on packages to bring other stuff than snow.  I.e. the wet-look package, the after-the-collapse fungus-and-vines packages, etc, etc.

Or fungus....  But then, I suspect there will be add on packages to bring other stuff than snow.  I.e. the wet-look package, the after-the-collapse fungus-and-vines packages, etc, etc.

Fungus among us, well, moss, anyway: DA Let There Be Moss

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Iray blizzard can help make it snow.

• I did learn that the same person who developed Iray Blizzard also developed Iray Rain.  But I wonder if Iray Rain can allow the same moving rain effects as with Iray Blizzard?

There is also Iray Storm, which a more extreme version of Iray Rain.

• I'm pretty sure Dreamlight has a water product which simulates puddles and other sitting water.