Script for changing folders in props (for using one consolidated folder)

EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,095
edited November 2019 in Product Suggestions

I am considering transferring all of the textures from the Dreamland city blocks folders to one consolidated folder, which will be in the same Dreamland folder, but the new folder will be named "City Blocks merged", so that all of the images that would currently be retrieved from multiple folders by city block would now come from just one folder instead of ten or more folders (I say ten or more, because there are city blocks I plan on purchasing in the coming months).

But I would like the changing of folders to be made more efficient instead of doing it manually.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Do not move textures.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Why exactly would you want to do this? I really don't see what it would bring you besides potential problems and lots of work to alter the references in each content and scene file using those textures, and even more work to do it again if there's an update to one of the blocks.

Besides there's no guarantee that all texture files have unique names across all the products (it's a good practice but they technically don't have to since they're in different folders), which could cause even more problems.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Some parts of the content folders have relative paths and some have absolute paths.   If you move anything with an absolute path you will stop the content working

• Maybe it's best for me to load each city block one at a time.  After all, an average city block has about 200 to 400 images to load.