Carrara 8.5 Pro isn't working in Mac Catalina iOS

I'm new to Carrara. I can open Carrara 8.5 Pro in Mac Catalina iOS. When I try to import Genesis or another charatcer or scene the program either frezzes or shuts down. Is there a patch or something I can do on my end? 

Comments

• There have been some mixed results with Carrara running under Catalina.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/357626/macos-catalina

I haven't had any issues but I'm only running it on a test drive. Let me see if I can reproduce your results. In the mean time, check your privacy settings for Carrara. They were giving me some issues under Mojave. 
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/366731/problem-with-carrara-on-mac-solved#latest

• I can't find the privacy settings. I too a look at preferences and I still have the same problem. Carrara 8.5 pro (Mac) keeps shutting down when I try to load a Genesis character,

Thanks for your help BrianP21361 for your help.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

which Genesis version are you trying to load?

• Excellent point Stezza. Carrara (out of the box) only supports Genesis 1 and 2. If you try to load Genesis 3 or 8 it will crash. Misty has a Gensis 3 fix for sale on another site and a Genesis 8 freebie there too. I use them all the time. 

The privacy settings are part of Catalina not Carrara. I've attached a screen shot of where they are in Mojave. My work computer isn't running Catalina.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 3.36.24 PM.png
    673 x 605 - 113K
  • In Carrar 8.5 pro, I can no longer apply a texture map to an object?? Have tried it a couple dozen times using a simple cube. In the past I could apply a JPG, PSD or even a MOV (for video) file to an object using flat mapping or parametric mapping. But now it does not apply the image. I think this must be because I upgraded to MacOS Cataline.

Any suggestions?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

No good news, I'm afraid.

Rollback your OS from Catalina. There is no known way of making the file dialogs work properly in Catalina, and the chances of the problem getting fixed are as statistically close to zero as makes no odds.

Or buy a second Mac with Mojave or earlier. Or a PC.

sad

• You can virtualize an older OS. That should work without having to go back or buy a second computer. I think Parallels offers a fre trial. That's my fallback position once it stops working for me.